Consultant Anna Cuzon
Date posted 30 November 2018 2018-11-30manufacturing-and-production 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters
We are currently seeking an experienced, thorough, and insightful Management Accountant to oversee cost management for our entire company. In this role, you will work collaboratively with various department managers to analyze costs, and maximize profitability. To succeed in this position, you will demonstrate an aptitude for efficiency, problem solving, and resourcefulness, with a deep commitment to the bottom line without compromising quality.
Management Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the preparation and finalization of strategic Plan for the Group
• Provide critical assessment of all annual budgets, cost sheets and monthly forecasts
• Work in conjunction with all department heads to ensure maximum profitability
• Assess all incoming products, resources, and services to ensure the best price
• Remain acutely aware of market trends that could impact resource costs
• Collaborate with department heads to strategize ways to improve efficiency and yields
• Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of interdependency of cost drivers
• Understand the entire arc of the business and how productivity impacts profitability
• Commit to maximizing efficiency at all levels without compromising quality
• Develop and implement proactive solutions and cost-cutting measures
• Present new strategies and assessments to stakeholders in a compelling fashion
• Perform variance analysis and assist management for appropriate corrective actions.
Qualified CIMA or equivalent degree
Experience and Background:
- Very conversant with standard costing
- A minimum of five (4) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with recent two (2) years’ experience as a Controller with responsibility for accounts, budgeting and cost accounting.
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, well-developed financial analysis capabilities, and demonstrated ability to manage microcomputer operations and applications.
- Sound administrative skills. Well-developed management skills—principles and people.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Superior numeric skills.
- Well organized.
- Participative management style—advocates team concept.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities—tactful—mature—flexible.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive—but able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Satisfactory communication skills, written and verbal.
- Results- and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.