Contract type: FULL_TIME
Consultant: Catherine Blake
Job reference: 50984223/001
Date posted: 13 November 2023johannesburg accountancy-finance/executive 2023-11-13 2024-01-12 trade-and-services Johannesburg Gauteng Waterfall Logistics Park Corner,Tugela Lane,Midrand ZA Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A leading South African facilities management company is seeking a CFO to join their senior management team. The candidate will be required to play an important operational as well as strategic role. The CFO will work closely with the CEO on all commercial and strategic aspects of the business, providing strategic business support in addition to managing the finance function and implementing systems and controls around financial reporting and risk management throughout the company’s 10 business units.
The CFO’s responsibilities will include:
• Setting group financial strategy
• Lead management of banking and lender relationships.
• Managing stakeholder relationships from a finance point of view.
• Managing the finance disciplines of Group Shared Services specifically accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
• Participating in the Audit and Risk Committee.
• Responsibility for Mergers and Acquisition processes and submission of reports to the Investment Committee.
• Automation and streamlining of budgeting and reporting systems.
• Ensure that the CEO and board is well-informed and up-to-date on current financial performance through tracking key metrics at a group and business unit level on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, and through structured report-backs in monthly meetings;
• Implement improvements in the financial management of business units, including free cash flow and debtors, after identifying system and control weaknesses;
• Overseeing implementation of improved cost allocations across the various business units
• Assistance with identify opportunities for margin improvements within each business unit
• Ensure compliance and effectiveness in terms tax practices, regulatory compliance & accounting standards and practices (IFRS, IAS and other); and
• Assist the auditors to issue an unqualified audit opinion in each annual audit.
The suitable candidate:
• CA(SA) qualification
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in accounting roles, of which at least 5 years at a senior level
• 3 years’ experience in facilities management environment dealing with industry specific issues is strongly preferred
• Demonstrable experience delivering strategy execution through large teams across various geographies
• Strong relationship management and influencing skills
• Africa experience and cross cultural sensitivity will be an advantage
• Exposure as key member of a senior leadership team, and credible at board level
Come join our global team of creative thinkers, problem solvers and game changers. We offer accelerated career progression, a dynamic culture and expert training.