Head of Finance
Consultant Margaux Chaix
Date posted 30 November 2018 2018-11-30manufacturing-and-production 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters
My client is a textile company based in Mauritius. They are looking for a Head of Finance. The successful incumbent shall be accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. The Head of Finance will have to manage a team of 10 people.
My client is a textile company established in Mauritius which is producing T-shirts and polo shirts. The company is involved in integrating knitting, dyeing and make up processes. Main export destination for the finished products are Europe, USA and South Africa. They owns 4 factories, 3 in Mauritius (Knitting, Dyeing and Make) and 1 in Madagascar (Make) with a turnover of US$ 50m.
Principal accountabilities are:
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
• Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
• Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
• Manage the accounting, investor relations, tax, and treasury departments
• Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
• Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
• Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
• Oversee the issuance of financial information
• Personally, review and approve all tax filings.
• Report financial results to the board of directors
• Ensure monthly managements are issued timely
• Construct and monitor reliable control systems
• Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
• Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
• Report risk issues to the COO
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
Key Relationships (specify reporting lines and main internal / external relationships):
• Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
• External: Supplier/Banks/Local Authorities
Experience, Knowledge, Competencies and Skills required:
• 5+ years progressive experience in a key management/financial role at a manufacturing facility.
Professional Qualification with an Internationally Recognised Body
• Strong command of the financial details of the business – financial and management accounting
• Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills and the ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
• Highly motivated, results oriented, driven and the ability to be adaptable and flexible.
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
• Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office
Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access) to analyse data and trends.