Retail Finance Manager
Consultant Chissola Gaieta
Date posted 25 January 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
The Retail Finance Manager will work alongside the General Manager in Luanda, Angola to oversee financial matters and ensure strategies are in line with business development goals. You will be responsible for several financial duties including the setup and management of all back office activities, ensure compliance, implementation of policies & procedures, and forecasting among others
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In charge of the overall financial strategy
- Coordinates and supervises all financial and accounting operations e.g. credits, expenditures, account collection, sales, purchasing etc…
- Provides financial advice on the overall corporate financial position
- Manage the company’s accounting and financial control functions and teams.
- Ensure the accuracy and timely preparation of monthly results, forecasts, yearly budget, 5-year plan and financial statements
- Analyse expenses in terms of actual outcome: contractual cost, benchmark, productivity, etc.
- Ensure proper treasury management including company funding, utilization of cash, banking relationship, etc.
- Effectively plan cash flow needs based on assumptions made and Identify risks and opportunity areas to the forecasts.
- Review merchandise performance in terms of actual results: sales volumes, margins, supplier benefits%, cash flow from operations, etc.
- Review and challenge monthly results and forecasts of all the stores
- Develop/Guarantee the respect of procedures (including accounting procedures) across all the stores and head office
- Developing, enhancing and promoting a strong internal control environment throughout the company
- Provide ongoing performance related advice for the General Manager and other senior managers.
- Ensure overall control of all financial transactions reporting to CFO
- Ensure respect of the regulatory requirements regarding all the company’s financial affairs.
- Work with the retail Ops & Commercial teams to produce robust budgets and forecasts for all sales and cost areas
- Provide weekly performance reporting to the retail team highlighting trends and opportunities to assist in improving profits, margins and reducing costs.
- Ensure all weekly/periodic data is collected and imputed and period end numbers produced
- Perform any other duties within the scope of work as assigned by your direct manager
- Set up and manage all back office activities related to Retail (Administrative, HR and IT) in connection with Angola Global Shared Service Centers & Group FunctionsRequirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or similar. MBA is a plus
- 7 to 10 years of experience in Retail Finance Management
- Experience in Retail, in particular store and merchandise management
- Solid experience in ERP and POS systems
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly modelling in Excel
- Ability to conduct Investment appraisal processes and capital budgeting
- Good analytical thinking
Should you meet the above criteria , please apply now.