Salary Standard benefits
Consultant Cherine Vorster
Date posted 01 February 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
An international Real Estate Management Group is looking for a Financial Manager to assist in the start up operations of their branch in Ghana. This is an exciting opportunity for a Financial Manager to gain exposure into the Property management industry with an international company.
The Financial Manager will be responsible for the financial health of a company or organisation. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with setting up the finance division
- Bank accounts, compliance documentation with the bank in country etc.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee financial department employees
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
Qualifications and requirements:
- ACCA qualified - non negotiable
- Advanced degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field;
- Several years of experience in a start up finance role;
- Property or Real Estate industry experience is preferred
- Superior mathematical skills; leadership skills and experience;
- Employee management;
- Understanding of data privacy standards;
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices;
- Attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; research skills; analytically skills; critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; integrity, honesty.
Should you meet the requirements above, please click on the link below and send your CV across to take up an opportunity of a life time.