Salary Market Related
Consultant Ali Chester
Date posted 07 August 2018 2018-08-072018-09-14 agriculture-fishing-and-forestry 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
Leading Agricultural Forestry organisation seeks a CA (SA) Finance Manager to oversee their Tanzanian Finances. The Commerce/Finance Manager (FM) is the second in command in the Tanzania business unit and drives achievement of the business plan, finance strategy, financial reporting, dealing with stakeholders, reporting to the board of directors, debt collection and ensuring rigorous cost control, budget management, clean audits, competitive procurement, contracts and ethics and integrity.
The FM should be someone who would also extend themselves becoming a true strategic partner to the CEO and taking an active role in all commercial issues across the business, playing a critical role in senior management of the business and at Country Exco and being able to deputise for the CEO.
Key Responsibilities for the Finance Manager:
- Ensuring high levels of integrity and clarity in all financial tools in the business
- Ensure meaningful and consistent financial statements and monthly reporting
- Satisfy the requirements of the Group Audit Committee members with regards to the subsidiaries control systems and financial reporting
- Develop and implement a robust internal financial control framework which will deliver appropriate and accurate reports to support the analysis of management information
- Accountable for the entire budgeting process
- Accountable for board (and related) report preparation and submission
- Contribute towards the Group Financial Strategy
- Effectively manage the day-to-day working capital of the company
- Accountable for the tender management process – document submission, project management reporting, commercials, etc
- Implement an integrated financial system which accommodates operational requirements
- Providing a framework in which to identify and mitigate risks through appropriate strategies, policies and procedures
- Develop and implement effective risk management & mitigation policies & procedures (Including insurances & risk register)
- Tax compliance and tax efficiency
- Managing, motivating and retaining the finance team and ensuring external stakeholders are positive and maintained
- Work closely with the Tanzania CEO
- Build capacity in the Finance Team through effective recruitment, coaching, mentoring, leadership and training
- Ensuring that funding and cash flow requirements of the business are met and support all expansion activities
- Dynamically lead financing strategy and all financial relationships
- Ensure debt receivables are maintained within Group standards.
Key Qualifications for the Finance Manager:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA (SA)) with maintained accreditation
- At least 2-5 years proven experience in a senior leadership role of a similar nature as a Finance Manager.
Should you feel you match the above requirements, please feel free to apply for this vacancy!