Accounting&Finance Manager - Oil&Gas experience mandatory
Consultant Eloise Deblois
Date posted 07 August 2018 2018-08-072018-09-28 oil-and-gas 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
An international Oil and Gas company is looking to hire their future Accounting and Finance Manager, to be based in La Réunion – France. You will support the company and its local subsidiaries, to meet and exceed their business objectives through sound financial management, by ensuring that control processes and procedures are regularly reviewed to meet emerging business needs. You will report directly to the General Manager in country.
- Financial Management: provide leadership in sound financial management of the company. Develop, evaluate and implement processes and procedures for production of management reports used in decision making, to assure accuracy, timeliness and completeness. Monitor these processes constantly to ensure that they are relevant to the business requirements, meet French GAAPs and IFRS, corporate reporting guidelines, external reporting and compliance requirements.
- Corporate Risk Management: establish and continuously evaluate effective and efficient risk management processes, tools and procedures.
- Internal Controls: in liaison with internal controls section and business management, identify, develop, implement, assess and monitor appropriate internal control processes, procedures and guidelines. Provide guidance to management in the interpretation and implementation of control procedures.
- Working Capital Management: provide leadership, information and advice in management of the company’s working capital. In particular implement and review: cash and cashflow management systems, tax (management, planning and monitoring) processes and purchase-to-pay systems.
- Financing: ensure that the company financing structure is optimized. Prepare and update the company financing plan. Ensure constant coordination with existing and new banking partners in order to secure access to competitive financing and services.
- Insurance: in coordination with the Group Treasurer, ensure that the affiliate’s insurance policies are meeting legal, group and operational requirements – propose evolutions/optimization if needed.
- Operating Expenses Management: constantly monitor both departmental and Overall Company Opex to ensure that the company operates within agreed budgets. Periodically review performance and provide management and business lines with accurate and timely performance reports, variance / factor analysis.
- Business Plans: provide leadership and guidance in the development of the company’s annual plans and budgets. Coordinate the planning process. Provide and monitor key economic indices, assumptions and projections used in the development of the plans and budgets.
- Business reporting: enable continuous improvement results by providing timely reporting of performance. Prepare monthly financial reports. Suggesting corrective action and identifying cost savings opportunities. Ensuring compliance with local budgetary reporting requirements. Ensure consistency of Earnings Factor Analysis, providing accurate commentary in both financial and business-related aspects, within required deadlines. Maintain integrity on local information systems and tools.
- Procurement: minimizing risk and maximizing the value delivered to internal clients. Leading and facilitating cross-functional teams, market intelligence and Total Cost of Ownership modeling to identify key opportunities that deliver value, optimize supplier pool and mitigates risk to the business. Update the policies and procedures relating to indirect category procurement strategy and categories procurement management policies and procedures.
- Management: develop, coach, mentor and motivate an active team of highly productive employees.
- A university degree.
- At least 10 years post qualification experience in Financial Management in the commercial sector.
- IT: Office 365 (including Microsoft teams, Planner and Yammer) / Accpac / SAGE 300 / SAP BFC consolidation system / Experience with Kyriba treasury management solutions.
- Experience with remote collaboration and management.
- Knowledge of financial valuation modelling.
- Experience with real estate.