Consultant Anna Cuzon
Date posted 12 March 2019 2019-03-122019-05-10 advertising-and-pr Phoenix Phoenix, Mauritius MU ZAR 430000 450000 450000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com
Qualifications & Experience * A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline; * At least 4-5 year relevant accounting experience and experience in leading/managing team of direct reports; * CA professional qualification would be an advantage; * Experience in field of audit (big-4) would be an advantage; * Knowledge of financial reporting according to IAS/IFRS; * Fluent in written and spoken English is required; knowledge of French would be an advantage; * Must be computer literate with strong ability to work in Excel, PowerPoint and Word; * Knowledge of accounting and reporting systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists in directing the Finance Department personnel to ensure that the company’s financial goals and objectives are met and that all financial records, receipt, payables and cash flows are accurate, up to date and processed efficiently and effectively;
- Full reporting function towards head office in France (through Saphir) and regional head office in Johannesburg for consolidation purposes(ie. Month end reporting, Weekly Sales, Flash, Budgeting and Forecasting);
- Provides periodic reports (weekly, monthly) to the Chief Financial Officer on all activities for the month including variance reports and cash flow positions.
- Develops, maintains & analyses subsidiary budgets & forecasts, profit & loss statements.
- Formulates and analyses operations, trends, cost, financial commitments, obligations incurred.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures in the Finance Department
- Comply with Policies and Procedures of regional head office (including Power of Attorney’s)
- Compile sales list and check for expired / renewal / new sales contracts and any other changes from the previous month; meet with Sales / GM to finalize that all included, follow-up on getting a copy of signed contracts from GM/Sales; scan and email sales list and contracts to Head Office
- Administers the coordination and management of purchasing procedures and processes including the development and coordination of purchasing systems such as Purchasing Requisitions, Purchase Orders and Petty Cash disbursements and ensures that all activities are carried out and administered in a consistent manner with the approved financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure VAT and any other tax assessment and reconciliations are checked by Head Office Tax Department and validated. VAT reconciliations, filing and payments done timely within statutory deadlines
- Close co-operation with regional head office finance team
- Conduct Payroll function which includes:
- Preparation of monthly payroll schedule
- Load EFT Payroll payments to individuals then submit to HO for release
- Manage timely PAYE payments
- Record leave/sick days taken
- Conduct month-end closing procedure which involves:
- Capturing debtor receipt /petty cash/cheques/Site rent transactions/EFT payments/Payroll/debit orders
- Replying to IS/F9 month-end queries from HO
- Balance sheet recons/answer queries/do reconciliations on some accounts (ie. Fixed Assets, Receivables, Creditors)
- Managing Site Rentals by:
- Uploading or updating recipients on online banking
- Load new recurring monthly Site Rental payments on online banking system
- Debtors function which involves:
- Handle queries from debtors and follow credit process for timely collection
- Keep DSO in line with targets
- Internal and External Audits
- Supply information requested by auditors as per the PBC
- Comply with deadlines by having the AFS signed off before 31 March of the subsequent financial year
- Preparation of statutory AFS
- Conduct Creditors function
- Conduct monthly EFT payment run for Creditors
- Distribute invoices due for payment to GM/Sales/Development for signing off
- Compile payment schedule/creditor account recons
- Scan and email copied invoices to HO for EFT authorization as per the Power of Attorney
- Load EFT payment run on online banking
- Raise cheques (if and when applicable)
- Cash Flow Management
- Proactively prepare cashflow forecasts and management of funds in country
- General Office Administration, namely:
- Participates in the selection process of Finance personnel.
- Actively involves in the orientation process of Finance colleagues.
- Trains, coaches & develops colleagues reporting to him/her.
- Conducts Colleague Performance appraisal as scheduled.
- Coordinates with Human Resources Department in relation to salary & benefits in all Employment Offers
- Filing and maintenance of records
- Providing assistance and feedback to regional head office
- Strong Personality
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Disciplined, pro-active and flexible
- Strong Analytical skills
- Hand on
- Strong feeling of governance
- High work ethic standards
- Resilience and Commitment