Consultant Margaux Chaix
Date posted 04 June 20192019-06-04 2019-08-03 not-for-profit-and-charities Ndjamena Ndjamena TD USD 4000 5000 5000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Organization: NGO/Conservation Location: Chad (ideally 70% in the Park/Natural Reserve, 30% of time in Ndjamena) Reporting to: 1. Technical: Regional Financial Manager 2. Operational: Park Manager Note that this position is the head of finance for one of the park in Chad. The successful candidate will be overseeing all financial activities for the Park.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To direct and control the administration of all financial, treasury and accounting activities in accordance with the internal policy and in compliance with fiscal, legal and statutory requirements of the host country.
• To co-ordinate and provide the required financial information and requirements for the park.
• To ensure that all donor regulations are adhered by i.e. restricted funds, fund reporting requirements, specific procurement requirements etc.
• To ensure that the accounting system is in place to record transactions in accordance with accepted accounting principles and internal policy such that it provides the basis for an efficient Financial management and information system.
• Accounting and Reporting: Supervise all financial transactions of the park and ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled.
• Treasury and Cash Management.
• Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting Reporting: Take the lead in the financial plans and budgets and ensuring that the assumptions, parameters, guidelines and policies in planning are complied with. Review and monitors budget performance of the project and provide recommendations.
• Internal Control Environment: Continuously review the adequacy of internal control and policies.
• Look after the administration and human resources of the park: Payroll and contracts. Ensure that the systems and procedures are in place to enable accurate preparation and disbursement of the payroll in compliance with statutory requirements.
• Due Diligence and Audit: Co-ordinates with the auditors.This includes preparation of the reporting pack and necessary notes to the accounts.
• Board and governance: Provide financial information to the Board for all Board meetings/stakeholders.
• Provide leadership and guidance in all matters pertaining to finance (including taxation and other financial issues) and give advice and support to all those needing it
• Carry out any other relevant tasks that may be assigned by the Park Manager from time to time.
• 5+ years’ experience in a manager role in finance and in an international organisation
• Master/MBA degree
• Ability to be a team player and adapt to different situations/context
• Experience in management (team of 5 people)
• Ability to work under pressure and to be hands on