Salary additional company benefits
Consultant Stacey Partridge
Date posted 12 July 20192019-07-15 2019-09-10 not-for-profit-and-charities Akagera RW ZAR 990000 995000 995000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A non-profit conservation organisation that currently rehabilitate and manage 15 national parks and protected areas in Africa, is currently looking to hire their future Finance Manager, to be based in Akagera, Rwanda. Your primary purpose will be to direct and control the administration of all financial, treasury, taxation and accounting activities in the park as well as compliance with fiscal, legal and statutory requirements of Rwanda, and adherence to all donor regulations.
Accounting and Reporting
- Ensure the timeliness of required financial reports to project managers, donors, government partners and Board Members are met.
- Ensure that the accounting system provides the basis for an efficient financial information system for both internal and external users.
Treasury and Cash Management
- Treasury planning; liaises with banks to ensure best rates on forex, transfers, credit card charges, etc.
Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting Reporting
- Assist in the planning and budgeting for the park / project and ensure that the assumptions, parameters, guidelines and policies in planning are complied with.
Internal Control Environment
- Continuously review the adequacy of internal controls to ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial information, protection of assets and adherence to policies, systems and procedures and the smooth and orderly implementation of plans and activities.
Fixed Asset Management
- Conduct of an annual inventory of all fixed assets to determine their location and condition of proper disposition.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are in place to enable accurate preparation and disbursement of the payroll in compliance with statutory requirements.
Due Diligence and Audit
- Co-ordinate with auditors on the preparation of the reporting pack and necessary notes to the accounts
- Qualified ACCA / CIMA / CA or equivalent
- At least 8 years post qualification experience
- Experience in international organisations
- Experience in the tourism industry/ NGO sector an advantage
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience providing reports to Boards
- Experience working with ERP systems