Head of Finance
Consultant Anna Cuzon
Date posted 12 August 20192019-08-12 2019-10-11 financial-services Port Louis Port Louis MU ZAR 1000000 1500000 1500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, leading financial service firm in Mauritius, is looking for its new Finance Director to oversea Finance and Accounting operations being part of the Executive team. We are looking for a Senior Finance Professional with at least 10 years' experience in Credit, collection and Accounts receivables with strong analytical capabilities and the ability to think outside the box. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor Degree in Finance or Economics and a CFA/ACCA/ CIMA qualification.
Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
To oversee the Finance and Accounting operations of the Financial Services Department with a strong focus on high quality information, timely service delivery and proactive issue solving, including strategic data analysis.
- Provide high quality accounting information that aids management in decision making over and above reporting on compliance issues
- Work with the Senior Management team to grow the business, formulating Finance strategies and plans
- Accompany the Corporate budgeting process and provide support to Heads and Managers during the exercise
- Take responsibility for the Company cash management policies
- Manage the Company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Delivery of services while regularly benchmarking with international standards and applying best practices.
Be committed to Excellence and promote efficiency by setting personal example of corporate values (Agility, Pioneering & Excellence) and act as a coach, growing the potential and performance of the key people who will pull the organisation forward
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Economics
- CFA, ACCA or CIMA
- Strong knowledge of applicable industry legislations
- At least 10 years' experience in a Senior Finance Management Role
- Financial system experience
- Outgoing personality, result oriented and excellent team player
- Demonstrated Team Leadership Experience
- Strong sense of Ethics