Grants Finance Manager - USAID and EU Grants
Consultant Margaux Chaix
Date posted 16 September 20192019-09-17 2019-11-15 not-for-profit-and-charities Kinshasa CD USD 3500 4500 4500 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client is a global NGO with a strong focus on conservation, protecting the fauna and flora. The organization manages national parks and protected areas throughout Africa. They are looking for a Grants Finance Manager with solid experience in managing USAID & EU Grants to be based in Garamba park (DRC). Fluent in French and English!
The Grants Finance Manager is responsible for the financial management of all grants funding of the organization (currently approx. 10 institutional grants + 10 private donor). He/she manages a global budget of approx. 20 MUSD for the entire organization and ensure compliance with each donor rules and regulations. He/she manages a team of 2 persons and develop the capability of the junior controller. He/she works closely with the Accounting and HR manager, as well as the Heads of Department. He/she reports to the Head of Finance and Administration.
His daily duties consist of but are not limited to;
- Maintain all documentation related to a grant up to date (contact, financial & narrative reports, payment, audit report, work plan, approvals, etc…) into the CRM system
- Communicate with the donor or the Chief of Party to ensure the transmission of all required information to the donor
- Ensure visibility of each donor for all
- Ensure compliance with each donor rules & regulation (produce all donor financial report, request mandatory authorization to donor, train and communicate internally on donor rules & regulation
- Manage all donor audits
Budgeting and Forecasting;
- Produce all financial reports (Actual Vs Budget) for all donor individually as well as for the entire organization on monthly basis.
- Communicate internally on budget position
- Review and monitor budget performance per program and/or per department, make recommendations to improve performance.
- Establish the amount of donor income that need to draw and ensure proper recording.
- Produce, analyze, control, forecast the funding gap position of the organization.
- Use all his knowledge to optimize and reduce the unfunded position of the organization.
- Ensure that all financial reports due to donor are received on time
- Is responsible for the quality of the financial information reported to donors (as well as internally)
- Lead the yearly budget process for the entire organization
- Craft budget for proposal and ensure allocation of unfunded expenses first (reduction of funding gap) and proper coverage of activities.
- Master the financial forecast of the organization over 5 years (Business Plan), and anticipate the closing of short terms projects.
- Draft and propose budget amendment for grants that need it
- Review the allocation per program (Donor and budget line) of all transactions (purchase order & contract, travel authorization form & mission order, expenses claim, staff time allocation) prior to entry into the accounting system.
- Control availability of budget before approval of expenses.
- Provide guidance and coaching to accounting staff to ensure accuracy, correctness and completeness of transactions recorded
- Produce reimbursement request for all expenses not advanced by donor in the shortest delay.
- Follow up collection of money claimed and allocate amounts received between programs.
- Monitor cash position on grants on advance basis.
- Forecast the global cash position of the organization depending on level of cash advance and delays to obtain next tranche.
- Ensure that the organization remain in a positive cash position
Fixed Asset Management; (In collaboration with the Accounting and HR manager)
- Ensure correct allocation and recording of each fixed asset per donor
- Ensure proper branding (Donor visibility) of all asset
HR & Payroll; (In collaboration with the Accounting and HR manager)
- Review the allocation of the payroll per program
- Control and approve time allocation for all staffs required to produce time sheet
- Communicate on remaining time budget to all staffs required to produce time sheet
- Supervise that HR are compliant with each donor rules & regulation
Due Diligence and Audit
- Co-ordinate donor audits
- Provide draft responses to the audit management letter, including coordinating inputs from operations, law enforcement, human resources, administration and other units as necessary, and forward to the Head of Finance for review
- Record and follow up audit findings. Ensure closure and resolution of all of them in the time frame agreed with the Head of Finance.
- Guaranty the eligibility of all expenses (no ineligible expenses) and the absence of major audit findings.
Archiving – this is strategical on a donor perspective;
- Manage the archivist and supervise the archive system (physical and numerical)
- Set up control process, to ensure the archiving of all required documentation related to all transactions
- Is responsible for the quality of all documentation supporting all expenses
- Guaranty the safeguard of all documentation related to donor according to each donor rules.
- Ease access to the information archived in case of audit
- Provide leadership and guidance in all matters pertaining to finance/budget/donor and give advice and support to everyone needing it
- Provide training to staff on Donor rules and regulation and more generally on the company financial policies and procedures, budgeting methods
- Assist with writing and maintaining of the procurement policy.
- If need can sit as a member of the procurement committee.
- Assists with implementing new systems (accounting, payroll, stock, etc…) and training of user.
- Carry out any other relevant tasks that may be assigned from time to time by his management.