Africa Tax lead
Location Democratic Republic of the CongoFULL_TIME
Consultant Hervine Muya
Date posted 05 September 2022central-southern-africa accountancy-finance/financial-accountant 2022-09-05 2022-11-04 building-and-construction DRC CD 00000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A well established company in the mining and infrastructure solutions sector is currently looking for a new Africa - Tax Lead. About the role This position will either be in DRC or Burkina Faso. NB: It is necessary for the candidate to be bilingual in French and English and have experience in a number of the following Francophone jurisdictions: Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Mali, Burkina Faso, Senegal and Cote ‘Ivoire. The primary purpose of Africa - Tax Lead will be to manage the direct and indirect tax compliance of the company's respective Francophone businesses, ensure said businesses are adhering to the company policies and procedures, and act as the main liaison with the tax authorities, and internal stakeholders, in the region.
· Ensuring and driving regional compliance to the company’s Tax Standard, Tax Procedures and Tax Guidelines;
· Manage the Direct and Indirect tax return preparations and lodgement for the Francophone territories The company operates in;
· Assist with the management of the effective tax rate for each Francophone territory, including tax losses, efficient repatriation of profits (withholding taxes), tax efficient structures, and thin capitalisation as appropriate;
· Implementing and monitoring effective controls to minimise tax risk for each Francophone business;
· Supporting regional tax risk reviews;
· Being a direct point of contact for relevant tax authorities and leading the day-to-day on Francophone tax audits (and any other query raised by the relevant authorities);
· Preparing tax effect accounting submissions for quarterly Group reporting;
· SME with regards to the application of VAT and WHT on adhoc Francophone commercial queries;
· Supporting Africa Tax Manager as required on other Africa projects and activities.
· Finance University degree;
· Fluent French and English language skills;
· Completed commercial training in either Accountancy or Tax;
· Strong knowledge of VAT, Corporate Tax, and Withholding Tax with good knowledge of Transfer Pricing, Tax Treaties and Income Source rules in a number of the Francophone territories listed;
· 3 - 5 years of professional experience in the tax department of a large company, tax or financial management;
· Experience in dealing with tax audits for multiple Francophone territories;
· Experience in IFRS tax reporting;
· Knowledge of SAP and Hyperion will be advantageous, but not essential.
If interested, please do not hesitate to apply.