Senior Manager - Risk Assurance
Consultant Anna Cuzon
Date posted 29 January 2019 2019-01-292019-03-26 financial-services Mauritius MU ZAR 630000 800000 800000 YEAR PWC https://www.pwc.com/mu/en.html
We are looking for a Senior Manager to support our client Risk Assurance Team service.
Challenging economic times, volatile world events and fast-changing technology are leaving organisations more vulnerable than ever.
Many organisations have put processes in place to manage risk but these are often not robust enough and are too focused on yesterday’s risks.
To adapt to changing times, organisations need to move from a reactive and compliance-driven approach to a holistic and proactive one.
The Risk Assurance team provides a range of services tailored to client circumstances to help build a resilient and operationally sound business.
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Associate Director
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges and advise clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your brand
- Resolve and escalate issues, which may put the firm’s reputation and brand at risk
- Analyse complex ideas and proposals to build meaningful recommendations
- Add value to clients’ account planning Manage expectations of clients and act on their feedback
Essential skills and Qualification
- A proven track record of compliance with quality standards, law knowledge, risk assurance, governance, compliance, risk management framework...
- CA (SA), ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Experience operating as a Senior Manager in a similar environment
- Knowledge and experience in working within various industries
- Ability to manage the risk assurance duties from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Well spoken person, able to present in front of executive commitees
- Ability to innovate and add value to clients and projects
- Ability to manage and monitor engagement budgets and financial performance
- Ability to spot opportunities to add value to clients and work with colleagues in other lines of service to help clients find solutions to the challenges they face.
- Experience of fee negotiations and negotiating scope changes with clients.