New and exciting opportunity as Head of Internal Audit for a well established Venture Capital company with a portfolio in Fintech, Healthcare, and Agriculture in Nigeria
As the Group Head, Internal Audit, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing the effectiveness of business operations. Your responsibilities will include developing audit strategies, conducting comprehensive audits, ensuring compliance with regulations, and driving process improvements across the organisation. Additionally, you will provide leadership, guidance, and expertise to the internal audit team.
Location: Ibadan (extensive travel between Ibadan and Lagos)
1. Strategy Development: Develop comprehensive audit strategies for our local and global operations, considering regulatory requirements. Identify opportunities for cost optimisation and improved profitability.
2. Audit: Plan and execute audits of various business processes, including regulatory compliance, financial partner requirements, and financial reporting. Create audit schedules, work procedures, and programs to achieve audit objectives. Conduct internal audits as per the annual plan across multiple disciplines.
3. Compliance: Evaluate financial, IT, HR, Marketing, and business documents for accuracy and compliance with federal regulations. Ensure ongoing adherence to audit methodologies and standards.
4. Process Review and Development: Collaborate with business partners to enhance system efficiencies. Identify process gaps and recommend improvements, ensuring follow-up for remediation. Assess internal staff efficiency and productivity, providing recommendations for improvement.
5. Policy Development: Develop policies and procedures in collaboration with process owners. Contribute to the annual capability and resource plan. Participate in the development and annual review of the Business Continuity Plan.
6. Risk Management: Identify and assess risks across processes and units, recommending risk reduction measures. Prevent infractions or penalties during external and regulatory audits.
7. Stakeholder Management and Reporting: Present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership teams. Monitor remediation progress and maintain collaborative relationships with business partners. Develop reports to ensure efficient, accurate, and reliable reporting.
8. Leadership: Supervise and coach team members to ensure quality assurance and performance management.
9. Research and Development: Stay updated on best practices and emerging trends, both internally and externally. Lead IT audits across various applications, databases, and systems. Drive ad-hoc programs and initiatives to provide advisory insights.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; master's degree or professional certification preferred (e.g., ICAN, ACA).
Minimum of 8 years of experience in internal control and audit across diverse industries, particularly in Fintech, Agriculture and Healthcare.
Strong knowledge of internal control frameworks, risk management, and corporate governance.
Familiarity with relevant regulations and accounting standards (e.g., IFRS, GAAP).
Proficiency in risk assessments, control procedures, and internal control evaluations.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for data analysis and reporting.
If you are a seasoned audit professional with a passion for ensuring the highest standards of compliance and efficiency, we want to hear from you
An exciting new opportunity for a Financial Analyst has just opened at a well-established Engineering Organization in Nigeria.
About the role:
The role is based in Nigeria. The candidate will be joining a well-established engineering company that is a leading Oilfield Equipment, Structural Steel, Marine Structures Engineering, and Fabrication Company. The candidate will be responsible for managing the company’s fixed assets, including property, plant, and equipment. Specific responsibilities may include recording asset acquisitions and disposals, calculating depreciation and amortization, and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and tax regulations.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Costing Manager to join a renowned conglomerate company in Guinea Conakry. As the Costing Manager, you will play a pivotal role in optimising our cost structures, enhancing profitability, and ensuring the smooth financial operations of our company.