Location Ebene CyberCityFULL_TIME
Consultant Jan McDonald
Date posted 30 July 20192019-07-31 2019-09-28 legal Ebene CyberCity MU USD 1 22 22 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our Client, a multinational Bank based in Maurtius is looking for a Legal Counsel to join a vibrant and driven team of legal professionals. The purpose of this role will be to support the Head of Legal/ Legal Counsel to provide quality, effective and timely legal advice and/or legal opinions to Business Units which identify legal risks, are commercial in nature, demonstrate an understanding of the needs of Business Units and add value to Business Units
- Undertake legal research in providing legal advice and/or opinions.
- Clearly and concisely explain legal risks, concepts and clauses in agreements to Business Units.
- Support the Head of Legal/ Legal Counsel to assist Business Units in agreeing the terms of legal agreements, security documents and other documents
- Provide support to draft comments on existing agreements and/or agreements drafted by other banks, clients or their attorneys.
- Ensure that legal agreements, security documents and other documents contain adequate provisions to manage and mitigate legal risks.
- Assist the Head of Legal/ Legal Counsel to embed the legal risk control framework policies to Business Units
- Immediately report any breach of the legal risk control framework to the Head of Legal & Company Secretariat (Indian Ocean) and accurately record legal risks on the legal risk reporting forms.
- Act on legal risks notified in the legal risk reports to ensure the successful mitigation of the risks.
- Assist the Head of Legal/ Legal Counsel to manage any litigation or claims by or against the bank. Meeting management information requirements for the measurement of legal risk exposure, key legal risk issues and trends.
- Providing reports to the Head of Legal and the necessary legal risk report submissions to the relevant Risk and Control committees and governance forums
- Techinical knowledge of loan agreements, security documentation and ancillary documentation
- Knowledge of the legal environemen relating to retail and business banking and recoveries
- Knowledge and expereince in management of external counsel
- A lawyer qualified to practive with at least 5 years’ experience working in a reputable commerical law firm or financial institution.
- IT Skills – Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Outlook, Excel
- Degree with minimum 5 years relevance experience working in a bank
- Awareness of cultural difference and varying legal/regulaotry environments