Business Development Manager
Consultant Anna Cuzon
Date posted 09 May 20192019-05-09 2019-07-08 banking 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters
We are looking for a Business Development Manager for the retail branch of an international bank in Mauritius. * Goods understanding of macro economic situation in country including KBI’s etc * Knowledge of the Bank's products, services and policies including standard tariffs. * A good understanding of overall Retail goals & objectives, including the branch's objectives growth of sales, cost control and income contribution * A thorough understanding of the sales process * A good working knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Anti-Money laundering, banking code, service standards, health & safety standards etc * Degree with minimum 5 years relevance experience or equivalent of 8 years bank related experience
- To build, develop and maintain a high-performing team through the embedding of performance development and coaching and clear direction.
- To ensure provision of support required by the sales team of Lead Generators in order to exceed performance requirements and coordinate sales of the retail team and identify gaps.
- Support Head of Branch Network and Sales in identifying sales opportunities for LGs under his/her supervision and also for the Network by organising sales events and penetration activities inside and outside Barclays at Work companies. Ensure that all Prestige/Premier potentials are referred to the Affluent segment.
- Monitor LGs performance through regular one to one to achieve set annual sales targets.
- Coordinate the sales performance for the Network through regular sessions and ascertain that figures are improving. Assist Head of Branch Network and Sales by providing Lead Generators with the tools and information to maximise sales. Supervise product promotion campaigns aspects by ensuring relevant, and up to date sales materials are available to LG’s and sales of retail
- Cascade key messages from senior Management to staff members, including training on new application forms, memos etc
- Monitor that end-to-end account opening is happening within agreed turnaround times. If required, coach team members on how to improve the quality of their applications to achieve this.
- Ensure all LGs maintain contact with their customers to inform them of application status etc
- Ensure own & team’s compliance with all relevant legislations and regulatory guidelines, Barclays Policies, processes and procedures e.g. Financial Intelligence and Anti Money Laundering Act, Code of Banking Practice, Fraud prevention and money laundering procedures, Minimum Operating Standards, Branch & Cash Operations Guideline, End to End Cash Management, etc;