Chief Operating Officer
Consultant Marc Abrahamson
Date posted 22 November 2018 2018-11-222019-01-21 banking 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com
A leading financial services company in Malawi is looking to bring on-board a dynamic and experienced financial services professional for the role of Chief Operating Officer to work in conjunction with the CEO in a lead role in the day to day running of the business in Lesotho.
The Chief Operating Officer will need to be able to work within a group of young professional pioneers in a fast paced and challenging environment in order to ensure profitable performances and exceed targets. You will have a "can do" attitude, key eye for detail and exceptionally high operating standards in order to meet expectations of clients and expand the business.
- Tertiary education is essential
- Post graduate qualification will be advantageous
- 5 - 10 years relevant working experience (preferably in Africa)
- Solid management, accounting and legal skills
- Knowledge of Malawi and General Microfinance laws relating to financial services, particularly with regard to Microlending
- Collections experience
- Ability to manage and interact with people from different cultures and countries.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
- Strong time management skills
- Proven ability to operate independently
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to assess complex situations and solve problems
This is a great opportunity for a career driven individual to further their career and take a step towards the CEO position of a large financial services company.