Consultant Duke Mathebula
Date posted 18 September 20192019-10-03 2019-11-17 financial-services Grand Baie B45 Twenty Foot Road, 5th Floor La Croisette, Grand Baie, Mauritius MU ZAR 100000 500000 500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A wealth and management firm within the financial services industry is currently seeking to appoint a fund accountant to assist with the operations across the Indian Ocean and the British West Indies Islands. Our client has a wealth of international networks across the European, Africa and Asian geographies.
- Prepare timely and accurate Net Assets Values, yields, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review.
- Record accurately, and in accordance with the Department policies and procedures, such accounting records as securities positions, corporate actions related, and journal entries.
- Reconcile various accounts, or reviewing reconciliations prepared by others, and promptly researching and correcting any variances.
- Identify exceptions and problems affecting accounting records and prices, communicating same to management, and assisting in their resolution.
- Assist, as assigned, in preparing audit schedules, compliance reports, N-SARs, tax returns, financial statements, or other reports.
- Write reports periodically to management on Fund activities and other related issues.
- Research, as assigned, certain securities in Fund portfolios for the purpose of ensuring proper accounting treatment (such as the nature of distributions, original issue discounts, and international valuations) and compliance with SE tax, and prospectus restrictions and limitations.
- Institutional fund accounting processes also include preparing, reconciling and distributing reports to/from marketing, separate custodians and investment management.
- Participate in regular rotation of trade processing and other accounting processes to prepare the fund accounting system for the next day.
- Hedge Fund/Fund Accountant
- Fund Administration
- 3-4 years experience.
If you are a Hedge Fund/Fund Account with 3-4 years experience looking for an exciting overseas opportunity, please apply today!