CA/CIMA/CPA essential - Chief Accountant - FMCG
Consultant Eloise Deblois
Date posted 21 October 20192019-11-04 2019-12-20 fmcg Luanda AO 00000 ZAR 890000 1240000 1240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Summary: A leader in the import, distribution and manufacture of a fast-moving consumer goods, is looking to hire their future Chief Accountant, to be based at Ilha de Luanda – Angola. You will report directly to the CFO. Preference will be given to Angolan nationals.
- Responsible for the financial recording and reporting of the organization - for both internal and external purposes.
- Manage the Finance and Control function (Accounts Receivable & Payable, Treasury, Payroll, Accounting Operations and Management Accounting)
- Ensure compliance with Accounting, Fiscal, Reporting and Legal Financial Standards in country.
- Work closely with the Heads of Department to develop up to date Cost Centre reporting, reflecting actual expenditure versus approved budget.
- Analyse, advise and report on improving the control and the results over company profitability, by implementing & developing plans.
- Establish strong relationships with the external financial partners (from Banks and Fiscal authorities to Customers and Suppliers).
- Liaising regularly with the Factory management to ensure that the costing is accurate and that variances are managed.
- Ensure continuous improvement of systems, procedures and controls.
- Finance staff to manage: 8 people in total
- Certification in Accounting is mandatory: CA, CIMA, or equivalent.
- Fluent in both Portuguese and English.
- Pastel’s skills are mandatory.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar senior position.
- Sound understanding of general control principles and accounting standards.
- Personal skills: sharp, attention to details, analytical, self-motivated, results & service oriented, leadership, curious, pro-active and well-organised.