West Africa - Business Development Director
Location Ivory Coast
Consultant Margaux Chaix
Date posted 14 May 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
My client is a one of the worldwide leader investor services company providing an all-inclusive range of administration, compliance, structuring and asset services to international firms, investment funds, high-net-worth individuals/families and entrepreneurs. Africa is identified as a growth opportunity for the Group, they are looking for a Business Development Director, who will present the Group as a service provider for all Africa-related business.
- Raise and increase brand awareness in West Africa to generate leads thanks to industry event attendance and participation, leadership initiatives and other proactive development activity.
- Develop and retain West African-sourced fund, corporate and trust administration clientele for the Group in Mauritius.
- Develop existing networks across the West Africa region for the benefit of the Group, including the generation and conversion of cross-selling opportunities for other Group’s jurisdictions.
- Establish and maintain network of feeders and business introducers via proactive and coordinated planning.
- Conduct constant market research, client and competitor analysis to identify target markets / clients and to secure new business opportunities.
- Conduct presentation with client and build pipeline.
- Manage the seamless handover to administration teams when on-boarding new clients, including assistance with the collation of necessary documentation.
- Build close relations and interactions with relevant product specialists in Mauritius (and across the wider Group) to enhance knowledge and inform business development strategies.
- Liaise with Mauritius Office marketing team to develop specific collateral, presentations and publications to support on the ground engagement with prospective clientele and important stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of latest sector and market developments and transfer the knowledge to the Group and colleagues.
- Work in close collaboration with the Headquarters Business Development team to effectively manage enquiries, RFPs, fee proposals, etc.
- Ensure the protection of Group’s information assets and to comply with the relevant Information Security Management System in place.
Skills / experience required
- Degree-qualified and/or a professional qualification in relevant field (business, economics, accounting, law etc.).
- Minimum of 10 years’ working experience in a relevant field.
- Experience in a sales focused front-office role with a proven business development and sales track record.
- Good networks and established relationships across the West African Market and/or the investment funds / private equity industries, including with law firms, audit firms, banks, wealth managers, high-net-worth individuals and key decision makers at leading corporates.
- Appropriate understanding of the regulatory framework across West Africa.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Innovative and creative approach to task assignments and problem solving.
- Acting as an ambassador and role model.
- Fluent in English.
- A good understanding of the Mauritius International Financial Centre is a big advantage.
- Experience in corporate and private client structuring, and/or in dealing with funds and private equity.
- A track record of thought leadership (in both print and public speaking).