Business Development Director - East Africa
Salary Market Related
Consultant Ali Chester
Date posted 17 May 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
A Leading global investor services organisation who provide an extensive range of administration, compliance, structuring and asset services to international companies, alternative investment funds and high- net individuals. Career changing opportunity to establish and develop the brand across East Africa with a keen focus on the Kenyan market.
Key Purpose for the Business Development Director:
Establish an East African representative office for the Group. Ownership of new business development activity and achievement of the associated targets. Generate, maintain and convert a strong pipeline of targets comprising African corporate, funds, private equity firms, family offices and high-net-worth individuals. Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements.
Key Responsibilities for the Business Development Director:
- Raise groups profile and increase brand awareness in East Africa in order to generate quality leads through attendance and participation at industry events, thought leadership initiatives and other proactive marketing / direct business development activity.
- Secure, develop and retain new East African-sourced fund, corporate and trust administration clientele for the Group in line with defined targets pursuing both new and existing (competitor) structures.
- Leverage and develop existing networks across the East Africa region.
- Build and maintain a quality network of feeders and business introduces via proactive and coordinated planning.
- Conduct regular market research, client and competitor analysis to identify target markets / clients and to secure new business opportunities.
- Conduct presentations with clients, coordinate the company’s participation in key events and attend events to raise awareness and build pipeline.
- Manage the seamless handover to administration teams when on-boarding new clients, including assistance with the collation of necessary documentation.
- Maintain close interaction with relevant product specialists at Group to enhance knowledge and inform business development strategies.
- Work in close collaboration with the Business Development team to effectively manage enquiries, RFPs, fee proposals, etc.
- Ensure the protection of the Group’s information assets and to comply with the relevant Information Security Management System in place.
Key skills / experience required for the Business Development Director:
- Degree-qualified and/or a professional qualification in relevant field (business, economics, accounting, law etc.).
- Minimum of 10 year's working experience in a relevant field.
- Experience in a commercially focused front-office role with a proven business development and sales track record.
- Good networks and established relationships across the regional business landscape and/or the investment funds / private equity industries, including with law firms, audit firms, banks, wealth managers, high-net-worth individuals and key decision makers at leading corporate.
- Appropriate understanding of the regulatory framework across East Africa.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Innovative and creative approach to task assignments and problem solving.
- A good understanding of the Mauritius International Financial Centre and its value proposition is a big advantage.
- Experience in corporate and private client structuring, and/or in dealing with funds and private equity would be extremely desirable.
- A track record of thought leadership (in both print and public speaking) will be ideal.
Should your career match the above outline, please feel free to apply for the position!