Control & Governance Manager
Location Port LouisFULL_TIME
Consultant Anna Cuzon
Date posted 14 March 2019 2019-03-142019-05-13 banking Port Louis Ebene MU ZAR 430000 450000 450000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com
Criteria: Degree with 7 years relevant work experience with minimum 5 years at managerial level or Masters with 6 year of experience or equivalent of 10 years bank related experience. Has previously worked in an Operational Control or Audit testing environment Proven experience and application of risk and control management policies and detailed knowledge of current risk policies and regulatory change impacting the financial sector
Roles & Responsibilities:
Define, embed and maintain a robust control framework, in line with the requirements of the ERMF, by leading on control management and execution for the First Line of Defence within the relevant business unit, to ensure sustainability and delivery of strategic initiatives of the business in line with the Barclay Values and principles of conducting business.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage, continue to develop and enhance the control framework of the Business Unit to ensure controls remain relevant to existing and emerging risks identified, in line with Group Risk frameworks.
- Perform continuous detailed major risks testing as well as other conformance testing in line with core control activities model/plan.
- Track progress of all risk and control related actions to ensure due dates are met with the appropriate level of assurance provided.
- Provide senior management with relevant MIS as would be required, on specified and ad hoc frequencies.
- Be aware and act as the focal contact point for all control-related matters relative to the Business Unit
- Promote a greater understanding of control management and assurance in order to embed a risk and control culture within the Business unit.
- Provide expert guidance, support, oversight and independent challenge through effective working relationships and stakeholder management relating to Risk & Control activities.
- Expected to attend relevant Control-forums as would be required.
Controls and Risk
Take primary accountability for risk identification, ownership, management and control
within approved mandate, and as documented under the Enterprise Key Risk Control framework, including embedment of a relevant risk and control culture
Assisting Management in ensuring adherence to local and international regulations, group policies and procedures, operational and management controls in relation to the business risks
Maintaining an effective control environment across all risks, processes and opera tions arising from the business, including implementing the appropriate standards to meet group policies and local regulatory requirements
Maintaining an effective follow up of control gaps identified and ensuring remediation of weaknesses identified through conformance reviews/assurance work undertaken
Conforming to policies, standards, plans and procedures established within the Bank and compliance with external laws and regulations, including reporting requirements of regulatory bodies;
Act as management information coordinator for MI reporting in specific forums and ensuring accurate and timely information is being provided;
Accountable for reporting to the appropriate control committee/ governance forums;
Ensuring and driving a culture of identifying and fixing issues to ensure sustainability of the control framework
Ensuring completion of major risks testing and RACI testing for the Business Unit at specific frequency;
Review and challenge the identification, evaluation and prioritisation of risks applicable to the Business Unit where potential impact, threats and vulnerabilities are quantified and there is clear accountability for these risks;
Accountable for communicating the Head of Functions on the control areas of concern within their environment; and agree on actions and/ or remedial actions to improve performance.
Drive an effective conformance testing approach by aligning to the SLOD and TLOD testing methodology and deliver to the agreed testing plan;
Support the business in development of appropriate action plans to mitigate risk where remedial action is identified as required