Consultant Hervine Muya
Date posted 08 July 2022west-africa banking-financial-services/private-equity 2022-07-08 2022-09-06 financial-services Nigeria NG TELECOMMUTE Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A well established Private Equity company is looking for an experienced Partner (Trade) to oversee the company’s equities, currencies & digital assets traders and trading positions. About the role You will have to build a Trading Unit from Scratch, and develop policies. The role will include active risk management and the day-to-day operation of all trading activities. The Portfolio Manager will ensure that our trading operations are in full compliance with relevant laws and existing regulations. About the company The company is based in Nigeria with a global reach from SA, Nigeria (Lekki Phase 1), Canada, USA, Ireland, France, UK, Csech Republic, UAE
Roles and Responsibilities
• Set up and staff the company’s equities, currencies and digital assets trading desks.
• Identify, choose and manage trading platforms and strategies.
• Actively develop traders and maintain a robust pipeline of traders.
• Manage research, data analysis and reporting.
• Institute strong internal governance and controls.
• Manage the trading book.
• Appropriately assess risk/reward, demonstrating consideration for the company’s reputation and existing regulations.
• Obtain and maintain all registrations, licenses and waivers where required.
Skills Set and Values
• Experienced in trading USD currencies and other asset classes
• Proven experience in a senior trading role.
• Technical knowledge of trading software and algorithms.
• Knowledge of trading products and protocols.
• Advanced analytical and numerical competency.
• Ability to analyze and pitch trading situations and determine suitable counterparties.
• Leadership and team building ability.
• Relevant certifications & qualifications where applicable.
Do not hesitate to apply if you meet the above requirements.