Consultant Anna Cuzon
Date posted 08 July 20192019-07-09 2019-09-06 banking Port Louis Port Louis MU ZAR 180000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The main purpose of this position is to undertake an in-depth assessment of credit proposals received from Business Units and make appropriate recommendations in compliance with the Bank's credit policy and relevant guidelines with a view to ensure good quality lending.
- Review credit proposals from Business Units within agreed SLA/KPI by completing a comprehensive SWOT Analysis to highlight inter alia, the credit risks involved and give possible mitigants for these risks.
- Ensure that all credit requests are in alignment with the Bank’s Credit Policy, BOM guidelines and other legislations.
- Assessment of Sovereign and Bank limits and conduct annual review of these limits
- Proactively research,analyse and manage data from reliable sources with the aim to preempt risks on the credit portfolio.
- Produce regulatory reports on credit concentration, related party transactions and other reports that may be required by BOM/MCC/BCC/Board.
- Highlight and contribute to eliminate all tasks and processes that do not add any value.
- Pick up Early warning signals through ongoing monitoring of financial covenants.
- Provide advice and support to Business Units regarding credit risk-related matters to meet their expectations.
- Interface with Bom, internal and external auditors.
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationships with Business Units and other Support Teams.
- Ensure that turnaround time of credit proposals are within the agreed Service Level Agreement with respective Business Units.
- Deal with any issues raised with urgency and in a manner that encourages learning from the past and ensuring that omissions and errors are not repeated.
- Continuously strive to improve the quality of service provided by Credit Risk through Innovation and personal initiatives
- Assist in the preparation of the Department's annual Strategic plan.
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate systems and controls to mitigate potential loss and risk for the Bank.
- Ensure proper cost management within the Department.
- Ensure tasks are completed in an efficient manner and resources and equipment are used optimally.
- Actively work towards meeting the targeted key performance indicators of the department
- Reduce manual tasks by making maximum use of existing automated systems and MIS system to be implemented
Learning and growth
- Provide ongoing Coaching to Credit Risk Assistants.
- Keep up-to-date with changes within banking regulations.
- Responsible for personal self development to increase work related knowledge and skills through active researching and training on credit risk management techniques.
- Keep up-to-date with changes within banking regulations and best practices globally.
- Instil and act with accordance to the Bank’s vision, mission and values and deliver actions that positively contribute to the company’s culture;
- Comply with all statutory regulations;
- Undertake any other duties, accountabilities and responsibilities as may be required.
- ACCA qualified or a Degree in Banking/Finance/Statistics/Accounting or an alternate qualification.
- Master Finance will be a definite advantage
- Minimum 3 years experience in Credit Risk Management in a bank /financial institution