Head of Collections & Recovery
Location Ebene CyberCityFULL_TIME
Consultant Anna Cuzon
Date posted 09 October 20192019-10-09 2019-12-08 banking Ebene CyberCity MU ZAR 340000 520000 520000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As the Head of Recovery and Collections, you will be responsible for implementing the different strategies defined in the bank’s Recovery Process, Policy and Strategy Manual, to regularize delinquent and default accounts and/or to provide credit solutions to customers, while protecting the interests of the bank. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing the strategic objectives of the business unit and manage all available resources efficiently and proactively (staff, systems, processes).
- Managing the operations of the Collections Department. Motivating, developing, training, and monitoring employees. Managing and coordinating the workflow and daily functions of the Collections area. Ensuring department goals are met within established standards.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to develop and modify collections policies and procedures to comply with legislation, regulations, and other legal developments that affect collection responsibilities.
- Developing good rapport and liaison with other departments (OPC, Cards Department, Finance, IT, Legal, Credit Admin, etc.) relative to any recovery process or activity.
- Managing and performing necessary accounts-related activities, including contacting delinquent accounts through the appropriate means, taking appropriate actions to cure delinquencies, analyzing members’ financial situations, managing collaterals from repossession through to liquidation and bankrupt account management. Reviewing collections recommendations from subordinates.
- Providing support to establish management tracking and reporting the Collections Department’s activities and metrics to enhance transparency and efficiency.
- Liaising with third parties engaged in collections and recovery activities on behalf of the bank and ensuring that recovery timelines are respected.
- Assisting and participating in Internal and External audit reviews and also contributing to management responses.
- Ensuring that documentation relative to debts are up to date (Search on Asset, Security documents, Property Valuation reports)
- Actively participating in various credit committees (Watchlist, SAC, MCC and BCC) and ensuring execution of agreed actions.
- Steering meetings with Litigations team on cases where foreclosure/legal recovery have already commenced so as to activate process.
Behavioural Skills/ Competencies:
- Understanding of BoM guidelines
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Good leadership skills and ability to guide and develop team members
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines
- Good team player
- Proactive, dynamic and solution provider
- Computer literate with sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Banking/Finance/Accounting or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the banking sector would be an advantage.