Salary Market Related
Consultant Ali Chester
Date posted 25 January 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
Specialist Construction Group seeks a well-rounded Project Scheduler to be based in Dubai. Individual must be well versed within the Engineering and Construction industries, coupled with excellent organisational and communication skills.
Key Purpose for the Project Scheduler:
The Project Scheduler is required to produce compliant, fully resourced and efficient project plans and schedules for tender purposes, in conjunction with the bid team. Further develop and maintain the project plans and schedules for construction purposes, in conjunction with the implementation team. Manage project tracking, amendments and reporting throughout the implementation phase, in conjunction with the implementation team. The scheduler will work closely with the bid/proposal team in the initial stages and
with the project implementation team/engineering team when the project becomes live.
In order to meaningfully contribute to the entire process, the scheduler will be required to liaise with and draw from the management team, procurement team, engineering team and human resources team as well as vendors/manufacturers. The scheduler will be involved with multiple projects, simultaneously.
Minimum qualifications and skills:
- Relevant bachelors degree
- Excellent knowledge of MS Project, Primavera, MS Excel, MS Word
- Experience working with the full spread of internal departments, vendors, manufacturers and subcontractors to facilitate and produce detailed project schedules and interface those activities with procurement and construction activities.
- Extensive experience with critical path scheduling.
- Extensive experience with analysing and evaluating resources, time and profitability, in the process of producing fully resourced and efficient project schedules.
- Extensive knowledge of work breakdown structure, critical path analyses, bar charts, and task sequencing techniques.
Should you feel that you match the above requirements, please feel free to apply!