Head of Engineering
Salary Market Related
Consultant Ali Chester
Date posted 25 January 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
Leading Construction consultancy specialising in the African Market is seeking a Head of Engineering to join their operations. This position is to be based in Kenya with extensive oversight and travel across the African continent. Ideally looking for an individual who has worked on British Standards!
Main purpose for the Head of Engineering position:
The Head of Engineering will assume full responsibility for all aspects of engineering activities and projects within the organisation. Ensuring that all engineering activities, initiatives and projects are in conformance with the organisation's established policies and objectives coupled with the clients requirements.
- Effectively manage a multi-disciplinary team of engineering personnel, that is fully responsible for all aspects of engineering activities and projects across the organisation, including but not limited to initial pricing and design for tendering purposes, preparation of detailed designs implementation plans and work schedules upon award and full oversight of site construction
- Provide necessary support to all department in order to secure new business as well as successfully implement projects in hand
- Ensure all projects are in full compliance with both the contractor proposal and the client specifications, with particular emphasis on quality and adherence to work schedule.
- Assume full control of project budget, through the full life cycle of the project
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience within the construction industry
- Experience on working on large projects (high-value)
- Experience with preparation of priced bills of quality, preparation and management of work schedules, preparation of project implementation plans, quality control and budget control.
- Must have project management experience across a diverse range of projects
Should you feel you match the above criteria and would like to find out more, please feel free to apply!