Chief Executive Officer
Salary Standard Company benefits
Consultant Cherine Vorster
Date posted 18 April 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
An exciting new opportunity has become available for a South African Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to set up the West Africa arm of a global company in Nigeria. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for setting up the office in Nigeria and managing the day-to-day operations together with establishing relationships with stakeholders and potential clients in country.
The Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the Company’s long term strategy. The Chief Executive Officer will need to establish relationships with potential clients and implement systems and procedures for operations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Establish office base in Nigeria
- To lead, in conjunction with the Board, the development of the Company’s strategy;
- To lead and oversee the implementation of the Company’s long and short term plans in accordance with its strategy;
- To ensure the Company is appropriately organised and staffed and to have the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy;
- To ensure that expenditures of the Company are within the authorised annual budget of the Company;
- To assess the principal risks of the Company and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed;
- To ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place;
To ensure that the Company has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically;
- To ensure that the Company maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business;
- To act as a liaison between management and the Board;
- To communicate effectively with shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public.
- Environmental experience
- Renewable energy
- Chemical engineering
Educational and skill requirements:
- Masters in Business Administration
- Degree in Engineering
- Africa experience is essential
Should you meet the requirements, and wish to apply, please clink on the link below.