Chief Executive Officer
Salary Standard company benefits
Consultant Cherine Vorster
Date posted 15 July 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
A once in a life time opportunity has become available for a Chief Executive Officer within the Real Estate, Property Development & Building sector, to be based in Ghana. The successful candidate will be working with a leader in the real estate sector in West Africa.
Purpose of Role:
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible and accountable for the overall operation and management of the companies and setting strategic direction and priorities, monitor the performance of the companies as well as the performance of each project and report to the Executive Board of Directors.
- Manage, direct and lead the Executive Management Team
- Act as liaison between the Board of Directors and the Executive Management Team.
- Assist the Board of Directors in setting strategic goals, objectives, budgets, policies, and procedures to enhance its market share, profitability and return on investment.
- Conduct a strategic review of performance on a regular basis to ensure the achievement of Group short-and long-term objectives.
- Develop, in coordination with the Executive Management Team, an integrated business plan that optimizes market share and profitability of existing and new activities.
- Review the operating results of the company & compare them to established objectives and goals, and follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communications throughout the company to ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities of all executives are clearly defined and understood.
- Act as the principal representative and public relations officer for the companies.
- Ensure development of an effective organizational structure and the promotion of a positive internal climate in which management development for succession is nurtured.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Real Estate, Business Administration (MBA is a must) or equivalent experience with a minimum of 15 years of related experience.
- Extensive executive-level management experience (10+ years).
- Extensive Real Estate Industry experience (5+ years).
- Working knowledge in Development financing/ Project/Real-Estate Finance or Finance in Real-Estate Development
- Strong visionary with proven leadership qualities and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Political awareness, professional expertise, financial orientation, self-starting initiative, cross cultural awareness, organization astuteness and team spirit.
- Ability to select, develop and motivate necessary management talent to maintain the company's overall objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as leadership, communication, persuasion, motivation, loyalty, and openness.
- Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
- Proficiency in both English and French Language (preferred).
Should you match the above requirements and wish to be a leader in the Real Estate market across West Africa, then click on the link below.