Head of Operations
Salary market related
Consultant Stacey Partridge
Date posted 03 April 20192019-04-03 2019-06-02 legal Kampala 6 Nakasero Ln, Kampala, Uganda UG 0000 ZAR 850000 1000000 1000000 YEAR Edward Nathan Sonnenbergs https://www.ensafrica.com/
A leading law firm in Africa are seeking a dynamic Head of Operations to join their team in Kampala, Uganda. You will be reporting to the Office Head and working closely with the Practice Support team based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Head of Operations is required to collaborate closely with the relevant practice support members and the firm’s Chief Operating Officers in order to achieve firm-wide goals.
Firm -wide initiatives:
- Implement firm-wide initiatives on the ground and across all business service areas within the office.
- Support the Office Head in practical ways to operationalize the firm’s vision.
- Ensure that within the office the firm’s values are lived, and feedback is provided to relevant parties when values are not lived.
- Work with and support firm-wide teams so that the Practice Support team delivers a unified service to practitioners and support staff all round.
- Keep records in order to learn from client requests and problems experienced over time, and assist in designing new processes and procedures, where necessary.
- In conjunction with the HR department and the Practice Support assist with induction and orientation training, office setups and relocations.
- Ensure the implementation and clear articulation of the firm’s brand and standards in the front office client areas.
- Support the marketing logistics and operations teams in respect of orchestrating the necessary tasks on the ground and assisting.
- Proactively driving certain or all tasks relating to external and internal events.
Facilities and building:
- Oversee and resolve all lease and building related issues.
- Implement occupational health and safety processes.
- General office maintenance where required.
- Take responsibility of record keeping, recovery of expenses and maintain appropriate controls on delivery and receipt to ensure an end-to-end service.
- Maintain appropriate stationery consumables in the office required by practitioners and staff.
- Determine office requirements and ensure appropriate processes are put in place to create an efficient and cost-effective food and beverage offering.
Policies and procedures:
- Ensure that the team is aware of and understand the firm policies.
- Ensure uniformity and consistency in decision-making and operational procedures.