Country Manager - based in Nigeria
Consultant Margaux Chaix
Date posted 07 June 20192019-06-07 2019-08-06 automotive Lagos NG 2193 USD 120000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Country Manager role for a wholesale and retail wheels, tyres and other accessories. The successful incumbent should have a strong background in wholesale distribution and will be responsible for the development of the business operations in West Africa. This will include existing wholesale distribution businesses in Ghana & Nigeria, and a future retail roll-out. The person will have to be based in Nigeria.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3 – 5 years’ wholesale and management experience at a senior level;
- Demonstrated success in launching new products and/or penetrating new markets;
- Product knowledge (own & competitor) i.e. various suppliers tyres and rims;
- Advanced Computer Literate Skills (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Hands on experience in tyre industry;
- Demonstrated ability to manage stock (stock-take, mix, etc.)
- Experience in African countries;
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Developing the channel strategy and overseeing its execution;
- Day to day execution of supply chain partnerships for the wholesale business;
- Set, monitor and ensure achievement of business plan and KPI targets.
- Make recommendations to the board on any adjustments or improvements to the business plan.
- Identify and drive actions to improve profitability
- Develop, lead and execute negotiations
- Scout and identify suitable business (retail and/or wholesale) opportunities;
- Set up the infrastructure for the new business;
- Ensure all equipment and stock are in place;
- Ensure marketing campaigns are set up;
- Plan and Organise Resources;
- Manage all training aspects to up skill local resources;
- Build strong Customer Relations with local business partners;
- Monthly reporting on all aspects of the businesses;
SKILLS / BEHAVIOUR REQUIRED:
- Self-driven individual with demonstrated success, particularly in a wholesale environment;
- Excellent presentation and selling skills;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Leadership skills & the ability to coach, mentor and impart knowledge;
- Excellent Planning & Organising Skills
- Recruitment & interviewing skills.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Cultural diversity.
- In-depth knowledge of financial acumen (income statements, budgets etc.)
- Excellent Customer/Service orientation
- Ability to use initiative;
- Professional presentation of self;
- Collaboration focused i.e. building relationships with suppliers and customers;
- High degree of Integrity/honesty;