Consultant Duke Mathebula
Date posted 14 June 20192019-06-14 2019-08-13 financial-services Grand Baie B45 Twenty Foot Road, 5th La Croisette,Grand Baie, Maurtius MU 0000 ZAR 900000 1000000 1000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A wealth and management firm within the financial services industry is currently seeking to appoint an Operations Manager to oversee the operational functions in their British Virgin Islands Offices.
- Oversee the Trust team in the BVI in conjunction with the Group Trust Manager (located in Mauritius) ensuring the relevant steps and filings are done in time and with the correct level of consideration.
- Oversee the Volume based intermediary BVI and Cayman incorporation team ensuring that all filings are done, and all renewals or incorporations are filing before the deadline date.
- This will be done in conjunction with the BVI corporate administration manager (located in the BVI).
- Oversee that the company Retail client filings, renewals and formations are appropriately managed and filed before deadline dates.
- This will be done with the assistance of a company Dedicated Trust and corporate officer in the BVI and the corporate administration team in Mauritius.
- Oversee the accounts officer (bookkeeper) in the BVI
- Ensuring that the required cheques and payments are sent out as approved by the Finance team in Mauritius.
- Ensuring that all the required financial information is provided by the BVI office to the Mauritius finance team.
- Assisting in collection on large accounts.
- Providing support on the cash flow management.
- Manage the office and staff in general
- Managing the HR side of the office with the Group MD and Group CFO
- Take on Directorships
- There is an opportunity to take on directorships in client companies, some off these will be listed clients, or regulated entities (such as insurance, fund managers etc.)
- This can be a great learning opportunity to get exposure to several industries at a board level.
- Assist in managing and passing instructions to the Cayman office
- Get involved in the compliance and regulatory side of the business together with the Group Compliance officer and Group CFO.
- CA(SA) with a strong understanding of legal framework/Corporate Governance
- 4-5 years’ PQE
- Operations control
- Strategy driven
- Experience in FS & funds
If you meet meet the above requirements and you are ready to take your career to the next step please apply today!