Location Addis AbabaFULL_TIME
Consultant Stacey Partridge
Date posted 26 September 20192019-09-26 2019-11-25 pharmaceuticals Addis Ababa ET ZAR 700000 900000 900000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A world leader in visual health who are well established in the design, manufacturing and marketing of optical lenses are seeking a General Manager to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This is a multinational company that has formed a joint venture with a well-established local entity; together they aim to address the provision of vision care in low income markets. Seeking a self-motivated and results-driven professional with strong business acumen and good leadership experience. You will report to the Managing Partner in Ethiopia and the Managing Director of East Africa who is based in Kenya.
- Allocating budget resources (managing the Profit and Loss in accordance to the standards of the Group).
- Manage the organisation’s business activities and identifying business opportunities, ensuring that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Oversee the attainment of all supply and demand, production schedules, deadlines and budget goals
- Oversee the management of and manage existing customer base.
- Monitoring and motivating staff in order to increase productivity and morale; including assisting with hiring and training of employees.
- Ensure that business objectives are met by monitoring and evaluating each function of the business to ensure the business is performing well (Sales, Customer Service, Finance, Logistics, Marketing and Administration).
- Drive sales and improve revenue, coaching the Sales team as necessary.
- Analysing accounting and financial data; generating reports and giving presentations at local and Group level.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s in Business Management/ MBA.
- Minimum 5 years’ managerial experience as a General Manager overseeing an entity.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical sector/ healthcare industry.
- Strong business and finance acumen, non-negotiable.
- Good people management (experience working with a diverse global team) and good stakeholder engagement.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has superior knowledge of business functions who is eager to enhance this organization's image and drive overall growth objectives.