Swaziland/ Eswatini - General Manager
Salary additional benefits
Consultant Stacey Partridge
Date posted 26 September 20192019-09-26 2019-11-25 pharmaceuticals Mbabane SZ ZAR 420000 540000 540000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading pathology laboratory network in Africa are seeking a General Manager (medical technologist) to head up one of their laboratories in Mbabane, Swaziland/ Eswatini. The successful incumbent will plan, direct and manage laboratory staff and material resources to enable high quality professional medical pathology and administrative services.
- Contributes as a member of senior management in the country to annual processes for marketing, staffing and operational matters in order to achieve organisational strategies and objectives.
- Sources, manages, motivates and trains laboratory staff to ensure that operational objectives are achieved.
- Assist with managing projects (e.g. opening of new laboratories) in accordance with agreed processes and in line with strategic objectives.
- Assist with the implementation of service levels and quality standards in accordance with the principles of Good Laboratory Practice and SADCAS accreditation requirements.
- Oversees asset management and procurement of goods to ensure the most effective utilisation of resources.
- Generates management reports as required to monitor work and performance status of the laboratory and takes corrective action when required.
- Registered as a Medical Technologist in country.
- Relevant Diploma, Degree in Management and or Business Administration.
- Experience in a relevant pathology laboratory environment.
- 2 to 5 years’ management experience.
- Certification in good clinical laboratory practice (GCLP) and basic health and safety strongly desirable.
- Fair knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology relevant to medical pathology.
- Fair knowledge of all laboratory standard operating procedures and processes.