Consultant Hope Kabasele
Date posted 14 April 2023west-africa mining-engineering-operations/general-management-consulting 2023-04-14 2023-06-13 agriculture-fishing-and-forestry Abuja JGHQ+75W, beside deputy governorquarter's, Minna 920101, Minna, Niger, Nigeria NG 920101 TELECOMMUTE Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting new opportunity for a Business Manager has just opened at a multinational Agricultural organisation in Nigeria. About the role: The role will be based in Abuja, with extensive traveling to a remote area. The candidate will join a growing team that is striving to put an end to poverty by transforming the lives of Nigerian farmers. The main role of the Business Operations Manager is to accelerate growth and to stretch and improve the company's operations constantly.
- Finance: You will keep track of in-country expenditures, monthly forecasting, fraud control and managing payroll. You will build tools, systems, and a team.
- Logistics: The primary responsibility here is to ensure that the company provides life-changing inputs and materials to farmers on time and at high quality. You will lead the process of storing, then delivering hundreds of tons of seed and fertilizer to thousands of farmers. This will require planning, troubleshooting, warehouse management, procurement of trucks, and route mapping.
- Team Building and Management: You will hire staff using the company's unique "experiential hiring" system, mentoring essential deputies, and steadily handing off responsibilities to your team as you build it.
- Collaborate with Global Team Members: In all of the above, there are dedicated global support teams with processes that need to be observed. You will work with them to ensure that the Nigeria pilot is compliant with these and to mobilize their assets.
- Bachelor's degree required/ Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- 8+ Years of work experience in a busy or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g., starting a field program in a developing country, leading a big conference, or a start-up.
- At least 2 years of people and project management experience focused on strategy. Someone able to full own projects, and really guide projects forward independently.
- Experience working in an environment where frequent inter-department communication is required.
- Ability to understand complex concepts quickly and learn fast!
- A logical thinker and comfortable with analysis. We seek someone who can use quantitative analysis to create insights and inform recommendations.
- Proficiency in using MS Office (word, excel and PowerPoint required) and experience using an ERP.
- English is a required proficiency in any additional regional languages from Nigeria.
If you meet the above requirements do not hesitate to reply!
Get in touch
+27 11 881 2416
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Kano StateDate posted: 14 April 2023A new and exciting opportunity has just opened for a Head of Business at a rapidly expanding agriculture company. About the company: The company is a growing agriculture company forming part of a larger private equity company. About the role: This role will be based in Kano, Nigeria. We are looking for a highly driven and ambitious finance or supply chain professional with extensive experience in commodity trading, trading crops, and sourcing commodities such as cocoa, soya, and paddy rice.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: NigeriaDate posted: 29 May 2023A new and exciting opportunity for a Group Operations Manager has just opened up at a well-established Private equity Company in Nigeria. About the company: The Company is a private investment company based in South-West Nigeria, with diverse business offerings covering the following: * Agribusiness processing & exports * Logistics; * Fintech and financial services; and * Healthcare