Ethics & Compliance Officer
Salary Market Related
Consultant Ali Chester
Date posted 25 January 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
Growing construction consultancy is searching for an Ethics and Compliance Officer to join their head office in Dubai, however the role does invole extesive travel into Africa. Company specialises in construction projects across Africa. As the organisation is audited on British standard and ideally lookinng for an individual who has worked on these before.
Main Purpose for the Ethics & Compliance Officer:
The compliance officer ensure that the company is conducting it business in full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to its particular industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices and internal standards. Also in helping the company to manage risk, maintain positive reputation and avoid lawsuits.
- Oversee compliance with UN Global Compact and UN anti corruption
- Training and educating the company and staff members on compliance, risk and ethics
- Communicate compliance-related issues to employee across divisions
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop /implement corrective action plans to resolve problematic areas
- Develop effective ethics & compliance training
Key Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Law, finance or business administration
- Professional certifications in Compliance /ethics advantageous
- Understanding of the construction industries laws and regulations
- proven track record within a compliance focused role
- Experience in Risk Management
Should you have the above mentioned background, please feel free to apply!