Quality, Safety and Environment (QSE) Manager
Location Ivory CoastFULL_TIME
Consultant Margaux Chaix
Date posted 10 January 2019 2019-01-102019-03-11 fmcg Abidjan CI USD 2000 3000 3000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
* Develop and Implement the Quality Safety and Environment Plans for the plants, distribution centers and market place for given territory as per the Business Unit QSE Strategy, the acceleration of the Food Safety and Quality improvement across the supply chain. * Coach and lead the QEOSH team at bottling operations, grow maturity of bottler’s processes and drive continuous improvement lead by plant management. * Champion and support the bottling plants in order to ensure the compliance in all its aspects, eliminating potential technical business risks and achieving excellence in the bottling plants processes.
Quality Improvement – 25%
- Develop and Implement an Annual Improvement Plan for each bottling plant and Co-Packer in territory
- Accelerate the improvement of food safety and QSE performance through ensuring mature bottler processes and routines. Targeting the aspirational goal of 100% in QSE Score.
- Ensure continuous compliance of Business Unit requirements in the Bottling Plants, Distribution centers and Market place and regularly evaluating the effectiveness of the performance and adjusting it as needed.
- Ensure PIP, Freshness, PMI, annual ingredients and WW effluent program is properly executed in sales territories under responsibility and proceed to its regular assessment and ensure improvement.
- Develop and implement QSE improvement plan for each of the fountain and hot beverage machines in the market place to eliminate risks and improve quality and hygiene scores
QSE Compliance – 35%
- Influence the bottling and co-packer plant management by pre-assessing the plants on a regular basis and developing the corrective action plans to meet KORE requirements and plants are audit ready all the time
- Review bottling and co-packer plants and ingredients suppliers audits reports and ensure all issues reported are properly investigated, addressed through detailed corrective action plans and resolved in reasonable time and validate effectiveness of each corrective action plan. Ensure that plant performance is reflected and up to date.
- Ensure continuous improvement on QSE compliance along the maturity continuum by working effectively with the bottling and co-packer plant management to get international certifications e.g., ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001 & FSSC 22001 and like for their plants and distribution centers
- GMP and Food Safety being the priority focus work with bottling and co-packer management to improve the operations to world class standards and put in systems for sustainability for longer term.
- Work with bottling and co-packer management to continuously meet requirements within their operations as updated from time to time by the Company
Data Reporting – 10%
- Work closely with the bottler and co-packer teams to ensure timely consolidation and distribution of reports to key stakeholders (e.g., Picasso, iTech, CTMS etc.)
- Work with bottler and co-packer teams to collect TCCC required sustainability data e.g., water use ratio, energy use ratio, time incident rate, lost time incidents rate, other safety performance, wastewater compliance, consumer complaints, ingredients 3TL reports, and additional as required from time to time.
Systems Implementation – 5%
- Prioritize the implementation of the Food Safety, QSE Programs and Techniques in the manufacturing sites so that the cycle of continuous improvement is built in the system through 5S, SPC, OE, TPM, etc.
Supplier Management – 5%
- Ensure all ingredients suppliers comply with KORE requirements
- Support approval of auxiliary material suppliers e.g. chemicals for bottler washers, conveyors, caustic soda, Cleaning in Place (CIP) chemicals
Commercialization – 5%
- Provide input and support to product and package launches to ensure the food safety and QSE of all new product/package launches are done as per KORE and BU requirements
- Identify new technologies and processes to improve existing bottling operation and provide support in installation / commercialization
Risk Management – 10%
- Evaluate business operational risks across the value chain processes including suppliers, bottlers, Co-Packers and distribution. Develop and implement required action plans to ensure full compliance to Company Policies and requirements so that potential risks are prevented.
- Closely work with bottling plants and Co-Packers to develop and implement preventive and corrective action plans and ensure their regular effectiveness evaluation. Ensure Statistical Process Control (SPC) programs are effectively implemented in all operations and regularly performed, results are analyzed and corrective actions taken.
Capability Building – 5%
- Closely work with the bottling plants, co-packer plants and Business Unit Technical Capability Manager to identify training needs for bottler staff and provide direction and support in order to achieve high standards and excellence at the plants. Prioritize the development areas based on the business need e.g. Stills, Quality improvement tools, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Food Manufacturing Practices (FMP), IMCR’s, Freshness, Consumer complaints, etc.
- Create QSE ownership at all levels of the bottler through ensuring the necessary awareness programs and management routines.