Nigeria - Healthcare - Senior Business Developer
Consultant Eloise Deblois
Date posted 12 June 20192019-06-13 2019-08-11 health-and-safety Lagos Lagos NG 00000 ZAR 295861 296861 296861 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A world leader in visual health who are well established in the design, manufacturing and marketing of optical lenses are seeking a Senior Business Developer to be based in Nigeria (Lagos). The client is looking to roll out an in-depth global business model that aims to address the provision of vision care in low income markets and for rural areas. Seeking a proactive mid-senior level professional with strong commercial sales and business development experience in country. You will report direclty to the Project/Hiring Manager and to the VP Europe and Africa.
- Building on the strategy to reach the "un-corrected" vision population in line with the group’s global business plan.
- Establish and leverage partnerships with new stakeholders including NGO’s, hospitals and government.
- Propose innovative solutions to reach new consumers and achieve the group’s strategic goals.
- Working closely with the Country and Regional head as well as various support functions (Operations, Merchandising, Technical) to ensure consistency with the group strategy.
- 75% travel in country and occasionally to Europe and the Middle East.
- Regularly report and present progress to head office.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum is mandatory.
- Experience in public healthcare institutions would be a serious advantage.
- Commercial skills = non-negotiable.
- Strong business and finance acumen.
- Good people management and stakeholder engagement.
- Pharmaceutical background preferred but not required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a knowledgeable and driven sales executive to contribute to the development of the client’s brand and marketing strategy in Nigeria showing strong promise for further growth within the group.