Technical Services Asset Manager
Salary Standard company benefits
Consultant Cherine Vorster
Date posted 09 February 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
An exciting new career opportunity has opened up with one of our leading Real Estate development clients. They require the services of a Technical Services Asset Manager, to be based in Mauritius. The successful candidate will have facility management responsibilities as well as contracts management and technical understanding in order to achieve set out objectives by the business.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Facilities Manager/Technical Services Manager to oversee all building-related activities. You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well functioning. proven experience in managing contracts as well as understanding technical building inspection reports.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs. Leadership abilities and phenomenal efficiency can set you apart among our candidate pool.
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect building's structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review technical reports
- Understand technical building inspection reports, capex and structural life cycle planning
- Provide technical support to the Asset Managers
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position of more than 8 years
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (French is preferred)
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field
- Experience in Africa across borders is essential and non negotiable
- ability to assist with due diligence on new acquisitions of assets
Should you meet all the requirements listed above and willing to relocate to Mauritius for an opportunity like this, then take a leap of faith and send us our CV by applying online now!