Consultant Julia Adam
Date posted 04 January 2017
My client is a global leader in the Media Industry, they are looking for an Operations Manager for their Zambia business. Candidates need to be an Engineer with structural experience and be willing to reside in Lusaka. They need to establish, manage and develop effective and efficient operational teams, including contractors, in line with budgetary targets, to ensure the delivery of best in class performance.
This Operations Manager will provide commercial teams with an operational competitive advantage; providing media clients with a compelling reason to continue to buy the Companies products and services.
Key Responsibilities (But not limited to):
- To deliver outdoor advertising opportunities to advertisers, that promotes and enforces brand positioning for the advertiser, that at the same time, is economically viable to supply and develop, and delivers an acceptable return on investment.
- Manage on a monthly basis the operational performance of planned and reactive maintenance against contractual and internal KPIs, especially cleanliness of assets (particularly digital), site presentation, branding, illumination, painting, mechanical repairs, digital quality, poster presentation, printing quality.
- Manage posting and printing performance to ensure on time and right first time targets are met (in line with Group guidelines)
- Define SLA and KPIs for printers and in-house/subcontractor flighting teams.
- Review in conjunction with Group Flighting and Production Manager all production, contractors and flighting rates to ensure we are delivering best value.
- Review reactive performance against landlords and advertising sales complaints and escalate to COO where required: target is same day/24hrs.
- Review operational flexibility to ensure, within reason, changing demands from both landlords and advertising clients can be met.
- Review all advertising credits due to operational performance and agree action plans to prevent re-occurrence.
- Monitor and manage any obstructions to our assets, liaising with Development where landlord engagement is required.
- Work closely with local Development teams on new product development and services to ensure the asset base evolves in line with landlord partners and advertising clients’ expectations: support the creation of new contractual opportunities through companies product/service global expertise.
- Manage Health & Safety action plans on a monthly basis.
- Manage quarterly Health & Safety committee.
- Manage monthly stock checks and records of plant/PPE/tools receipt by employees.
- Manage digital spare parts repair within and out of warranty to Group processes.
- Manage cleanliness and orderliness of employees, vehicles, depots and storage to Group standards.
- Manage people, vehicle, asset quality, electrical, mechanical and structural & safety inspection action plans.
- Manage all capex projects to ensure product delivery and on site works are on time, to standard, safe and in-charge dates and cost targets are met.
- Capability to adapt the limitations of local materials to Company standards
- Grow local supply chain to reduce reliance on SA and imports.
- Grow engagement and revenues in digital content creation – support from Head Office.
- Review all operational costs on a monthly basis.
- Review and approve all purchase orders in line with Head Office processes.
- Ensure sales networks, in-charge dates and change of design requests are in line with agreed operational resources and cost forecasts: optimise this area – find the best balance.
- Support ‘Activations’ across country.
- Avoid blank panels where possible using voidage agreements or other local initiatives without reducing profitability – work with Sales.
- Approve all recruitment and salaries in line with Head Office processes.
- Produce monthly Operations report, in conjunction with the General Manager and review with COO Sub Saharan Africa.
- Liaise with COO for any operational support and guidance, escalating any major issues with immediate effect.
- Ensure all data management processes follow Group guidelines.
- Feedback ideas for system/process evolution.
- Establish effective waste mgt systems, recycling where possible.
- Treat all expenditure as if it was your own.
Key Qualifications (But not limited to):
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent thereof
- Must have at least 5 years operational management experience
- Must be proficient in local language (written and oral)
- Must be proficient in English (written and oral)
- University graduate or equivalent (technical subject)
- Previous experience in Africa would be advantageous
- Preference will be given to citizens of the country
Should you be a Zambian National with the above mentioned requirements, please don't hesitate to get in touch.