DRC - Brand Manager
Location Democratic Republic of the Congo
Consultant Eloise Deblois
Date posted 09 February 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
We are currently recruiting a Brand/Category Manager for a FMCG company, to be based in DRC-Kinshasa. You shall be in charge of the management of one or several brands either in the same category or in different categories of products. You shall be monitoring the market trends, the competition, and distribution channels and opportunities. You will oversee marketing and product-mix activities and advertising to ensure the right message is delivered for the products and conveyed correctly to the targeted consumers. You shall be responsible for budget and P&L. You will be report to the Head of Department.
- Analyze how the brands are positioned in the market and crystallize targeted consumers insights.
- Take brand ownership and provide the vision, mission, goals and strategies as per the objectives.
- Create brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies.
- Lead creative development and create motivating stimulus to get targeted population to “take action” via targeted promotional activities in-store.
- Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Coach the team and get the best from everyone.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitor's activities to identify opportunities and key issues.
- Oversee marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency with product line strategy.
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions.
- Conduct SWOT analyses for the brands and anticipate and plan to steer through bottlenecks before brands started trending downward.
- Brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies.
- Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics.
- Coordinate all activities with different departments within the companies (R&D, Sales, Production, Purchasing, Audit and finance) and externally with creative, media and market research agencies.
Your profile :
- University degree or Master in Economics and/or Marketing - A certification or diploma in Advertising is preferred.
- Proven working experience as a Brand Manager – 5 years minimum in FMCG sector or related area.
- Drive for results and leaderships skills.
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices.
- Comfortable working with numbers and metrics.
- Good command in English and perfect in French (verbal and in writing)
Working hours are from Monday to Friday – 8 am – 17 pm and Saturday from 8am to 13pm- the working hours might also depend on business plans, campaigns from time to time.