HEAD OF DEVELOPMENT
Consultant Samantha-Jane Gravett
Date posted 09 February 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
A Real Estate Development company is looking for a Head of Development to join their organisation with focus on East Africa. The successful candidate will need to have property development experience across Africa. Responsible for delivery of urban planning, conceptualisation, design development and implementation of a range of projects. Current projects across Africa include; Mixed use developments, Residential, Commercial and Industrial properties. The successful candidate will provide the full live cycle of these projects with key focus on delivering these projects in accordance with tight budget and programme controls. Experience of financial modeling, leasing and contracting, JV/transaction structuring and personal delivery of successful deal negotiations.
- Working with the Country Head, to implement strategic priorities for the projects in terms of commercial management, project management, finance management, leadership as well as managing necessary stakeholders;
- Managing appropriate market studies, feasibility studies, concept development, financial appraisal and other activities aimed at creating bankable, deliverable projects;Identifying partnership opportunities to support the company’s strategic priorities;
- Recruiting partners with suitable resources to carry out development activities; including but not limited to sales and delivery teams, external consultants, contractors etc. while also utilizing the existing in-house resources and maintaining institutional knowledge.
- This also entails implementing best practices across projects, training local resources, building capacity and institutional knowledge;
- Supporting the identification of potential new projects which can be undertaken by the company and develop business cases for identified projects in consultation with the Country Head
- Leading negotiations with potential partners for ongoing developments and monitoring day-to-day relationships for ongoing developments as well as tracking performance;
- Monitoring necessary coordination to manage project sites and logistics, project documentation, project cost and working capital management, and other elements of project management;
nsuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the approved quality
- Recommending the most appropriate form of construction procurement in cooperation with the Group Head of Construction and Delivery as well as identifying new construction technologies and methods of improving logistics and supply chains
- Identifying and sourcing equity investors and debt providers
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in real estate, development management, project management or related professional discipline.
- 10 – 15 years of relevant experience in real estate development.
- Effective development/project management skills.
- Excellent budgeting skills.
- Excellent data compilation/reporting skills.
- Deal structuring.
- Knowledge of laws and practice regarding real estate and investment is considered a plus