Consultant Chissola Gaieta
Date posted 25 January 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
The Chief Accountant will handle all the financial and cost accounting responsibilities including forecasting, budgeting etc. Further to this, as the Chief Accountant, you will be based in Luanda, Angola and will be required to oversee the day to day finance and accounts operations, perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts as well as perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
This role of the Chief Accountant will entail duties and responsibilities including the below:
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidation of financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to HQ.
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analysing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Issue project cost reports for review and approval.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the set up.
- Support CFO in ensuring that company cost allocations are in line with management agreements and transfer pricing policy
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost overruns
- Work consultative with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
Key requirements of the job include:
- Min Degree in Accounting/Finance/ACCA qualification
- Min 3-6 years relevant experience in financial & management accounting
- Relevant industry (FMCG and/or distribution) experience will be advantageous
- Excellent strategic planning skills and able to interact with all levels