Head of Sales and Marketing
Salary mauritius package
Consultant Anna Cuzon
Date posted 10 May 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
The director of sales and marketing position is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Meets with clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Manages the after-sales service.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Directs product research and development.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Technical Capacity.
- Bilingual (English and French speaking).
This position manages all employees of the department (5) and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Ten (10) years of related experience with progressive management experience
Minimum of five (5) years of experience specifically in the real estate industry
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.