Spare Parts Sales Manager - Automotive
Consultant Eloise Deblois
Date posted 15 July 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
An International Exclusive Distributor of automotive, engine and generator products, is looking to hire their Spare Parts Sales Manager, to be based in DRC-Kinshasa. You will report directly to the Brand Manager.
1) Make market research / Analyses
- Measure the market potential and the market size for spare parts brand by brand and for the launch of new products / brands.
- Make a market analyse.
- Do the cost analysis and make proposals for launching new products.
2) Implement the Sales strategy as communicated by the COO
- Design a new distribution system and ensure implementation.
- Develop and implement a national trade marketing plan ATL and BTL which meets the company’s market, brand, volume and channel objectives.
- Agree and establish a most effective and efficient trade channel and outlet structure for the company’s brands in order to ensure that availability is maximised in the line with brand strategy and the needs of the market.
- Develop the marketing activities as defined in the strategy.
- Launch new and focus products.
- Monitor the marketing spending’s in line with the budget defined for spare part products / brand.
- Report on the modus operandi and on the results of the activities.
3) Monitor the Sales budget for spare parts
- Prepare and deliver the yearly budget regarding and analysing the past performances as well as the future demand and potential predicated for spare parts.
- Follow up on month to date achievement vs general budget, target by branch, target by customer for each spare parts brand/product.
- Identify and monitor the gaps with planned budget and take necessary action plans in order the achieve the targets.
4) Help Management / Brand Manager in relation with the Suppliers
- Make suggestion to Management / Brand Manager in identification for right supplier for existing and new products.
- Build and manage a strong business relationship with suppliers retained in commercial exchanges.
- Visit the suppliers with Brand Manager following the policy.
- Send a monthly report to the Suppliers.
- Attend international trade fairs and exhibitions with Brand Manager.
- Suggest orders to Management / Brand Manager.
5) Ensure the follow up on the stock level
- Monitor pipeline and supply chain with concerned managers to ensure a sufficient stock in terms of market potential/demand.
- Make random spot checks in the warehouses in order to control the stock (quantity) of spare parts according to the procedures.
- Visit the warehouses and sales points and every stock according to the procedures.
- Visit the sub-branches according to the procedures.
6) Maintain the product files
- Prepare and manage the products files having information about products specifications, suppliers as well as important.
- Update the product files on regular basis.
7) Manage the Sales Teams for Spare Parts Brands/Products
- Coordinate the implementation of trade promotion with the Brand Manager.
- Set and communicate the monthly Sales targets.
- Do a daily follow-up with the Sales Teams.
- Measure the efficiency of the dedicated Sales Teams.
- Define and apply the individual incentive policy for any target achieved.
8) Plan, organise and coordinate training with the Sales Teams
- Identify the needs in training for the Sales Teams.
- Follow the Suppliers that offer training program and identify the local agencies.
- Build a training plan for Sales Teams.
- Put the plan in action with the people concerned.
9) Ensure regular visits around the city as outskirts to expand the Business
- Visit the regions where spare parts brands/products are sold and build an action for each region
10) Manage customer relationship, monitor customer performance and take appropriate actions
- Manage key national customer’s through the development and implementation of national account strategies, plan in order to maximise volume and share performance.
- Keep contacts with the Clients and Distributors.
- Communicate the incentive schemes to the Clients (promotions, remises,)
- Follow-up year to date and month to date performance of each customer vs last year.
- Propose an action plan to reach the targets and to invert the trend.
11) Report on Competitors
- Monitor Competitor’s activities and take necessary actions.
- Send any price changes to the hierarchy.
- Analyse Competitor’s offer and send the competitors prices of the main products according the procedures.
- Bachelor in Technical
- 2 year's experience in the same function
- French and English
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle market
- Good communication and leading skills
- Good team working attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Resilience capacity