Head of Retail
Consultant Eloise Deblois
Date posted 05 October 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters Africa
An Oil and Gas multinational is looking to hire their Head of Retail, to be based in any of the following countries: Ivory Coast, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Senegal, Cameroon, Ethiopia or Kenya. You will report directly to the CEO.
Scope of the role:
- You will supervise:
- The Corporate Retail Operations Coordinator
- The Corporate Retail Products and Services Coordinator
- The Corporate Non-Fuels Business Coordinator
- The Corporate Retail Engineering & Maintenance Coordinator
- Propose the Retail segment strategy over the short, medium and long term.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the Retail strategy, by advising and supporting Regional Business Manager, proposing and following up detailed action plans for each affiliate.
- Coaching and training Retail human resources through dedicated programs.
- Contribute to the digitalization of the Retail processes / operations.
- Responsible for leading the Retail teams to ensure proper and timely implementation of all aspects of the Retail strategy across the Group, in collaboration with other Corporate Functions.
- Enhance existing and develop with other Group functions, new tools to support the Retail activity and development strategy.
- Scrutinize the market and propose relevant strategies that help take advantage of new opportunities or new developments.
- Undertake global initiatives and translate them into programs, projects and key objectives for the Retail channel.
- Identify key areas of development, propose targets and subsequent detailed action plans.
- Ensure best practices sharing among the Group's Retail teams.
- Lead the development of the Non-fuels business on the Group’s Retail network in coordination with the Business Development function.
- Monitor Retail performance through monthly business reviews, reports, and KPIs and propose, in coordination with the concerned Affiliates’ management, appropriate actions.
- Progressive Oil&Gas downstream Retail experience gained within reputable multinational.
- Proven record of successful development and management of Retail strategy across geographies.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the industry, with 5 years with similar responsibilities.
- Frequent traveller across the Affiliates of the Group.
- Education: Engineering / bachelor’s degree minimum with additional Sales / Marketing qualifications.
- The candidate shall be fully versed about Retail network management and development, Retail sales strategy.