DRC - Brand Manager
Location Democratic Republic of the CongoFULL_TIME
Consultant Eloise Deblois
Date posted 25 February 2019 2019-02-252019-04-23 fmcg Kinshasa CD ZAR 415000 500000 500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com
Summary: A large FMCG (food and non-food) company are looking to hire their future Product / Brand Manager, to be based in DRC – Kinshasa. You will report directly to the Head of Marketing. Role overview: You will oversee the management of one or several brands either in the same category or in different categories of products. You will oversee marketing and product-mix activities and advertising to ensure the right message is delivered for the products and conveyed correctly to the targeted consumers. You shall be monitoring the market trends, the competition, and distribution channels and opportunities. Brand / Category Manager shall be responsible for budget and P&L.
A large FMCG (food and non-food) company is looking to hire their future Product / Brand Manager, to be based in DRC – Kinshasa. You will report directly to the Head of Marketing.
Categories to manage: food and cosmetics.
1) Analyze how the brands are positioned in the market and crystallize targeted consumers insights:
- monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues.
- conduct SWOT analyses for the brands and anticipate and plan to steer through bottlenecks before brands started trending downward.
2) Brainstorm & create new brand strategies into brand plans & positioning and go-to-market strategies: take brand ownership and provide the vision, mission, goals and strategies as per the objectives.
3) Lead creative development and create motivating stimulus to get targeted population to "take action" via targeted promotional activities in-store.
4) Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates.
5) Coordinate all activities with different departments within the companies (R&D, Sales, Production, Purchasing, Audit and finance) and externally with creative, media and market research agencies.
6) Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns and assess against goals.
7) Oversee marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency with product line strategy
8) Coach the team and get the best from everyone.
9) Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics
- University degree or Master’s in Economics and/or Marketing.
- A certification or diploma in Advertising will be a plus.
- 3 years minimum experience as a Product / Brand Manager in the FMCG Industry.
- Drive for results and leaderships skills.
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix.
- Highly creative with out of box thinking.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Fluent in English & French.