Morocco - Sales and Marketing Manager
Consultant Eloise Deblois
Date posted 25 February 2019 2019-02-252019-04-23 retail Casablanca MA ZAR 1500000 1500000 1500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwaltersafrica.com
An Oil and Gas multinational is looking to hire their Sales and Marketing Manager, to be based in Morocco (Casablanca). You will report directly to the General Manager.
Role and Main missions:
The role includes all aspects of the sales and marketing for the Retail, Industrial and Wholesale (I&W), Specialties, as well as non-fuel incomes (NFIs).
The S&M Manager is responsible for all the aspects of the sales and marketing strategic development including but not limited to:
- the annual sales achievement and the business development to increase market penetration.
- present to the management the affiliate annual business plan with detailed ROI analysis.
- staffing and development of the department, by ensuring the right people in the right jobs, setting goals as well as conducting regular performance reviews and participating in the succession plans and development opportunities.
- meeting the clients’ needs and expectations along with the company products and services offering, in order to maximise value for both the clients and the company.
The main accountabilities of the S&M Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- manage overall development and implementation of sales strategies and marketing plans to deliver sales growth and market share objectives for each of the commercial product lines (Fuels, LPG, Lubricants, and Specialties).
- develop Distributorship to increase lubricants and LPG sales volumes.
- provide team leadership through supervision, direction and coaching to enable each member to achieve agreed objectives. Additionally, ensure staff are developed to their full potential on the backbone of succession planning.
- hold overall accountability for sales results including volumes, revenue and margins, timely collection of trade accounts receivable; planning and forecasting.
- responsible for all budgeting and expense control within S&M Department, including reviewing and endorsing capital expenditure decisions that require medium to longer term investments.
- motivate team to be self-driven, results oriented and seeking win-win opportunities to develop long term value to the company.
- influence, develop and empower team members to set and attain high goals, and regularly appraise them through the performance management system.
- recognize employees’ initiatives to do the business and seek innovative and cost-effective solutions to meet customer needs, within business controls.
- build strong internal and external business relationships to leverage team effort and provide greater negotiation and influence when called for; foster cordial working relationships.
- take the lead in hiring of sales staff and identify suitable training opportunities for everyone in order to strengthen the team and enhance collective experience.
- promote a safe, healthy and environmentally-friendly atmosphere through raising safety awarenes.
- University degree or equivalent.
- Extensive proven experience in similar leadership position, preferably in a major Oil & gas distribution company, the ideal candidate must prove a successful retail experience in roles such as area manager, marketing, shop, food and services.
- Strong track record of setting strategic direction and exceeding business goals.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills with an ability to interact effectively in a multi-client environment.
- Strong team leader and cross functional worker, with experience of managing, coaching and developing a team.
- Strive for excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Fluent in Arabic, French and English (speaking and writing).
- Looking for someone who is on the ground.