Reunion - HR Manager and Legal Coordinator
Consultant Eloise Deblois
Date posted 10 May 20192019-05-14 2019-07-09 human-resources-and-personnel 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters
An Oil and Gas multinational is looking to hire their future HR Manager & Legal Coordinator, to be based in Reunion Island – Port Saint Denis (France). You will directly report to the General Manager.
- Provides counselling to the local management.
- Be the interface between the company and its’ affiliate, the Corporate Legal Management and the internal & external partners (e.i. Lawyers).
- Review any contracts in order to protect the company assets with legal obligations - ensure compliance.
- Coordinate board resolutions.
- Liaise with authorities and government offices regarding administrative proceedings and court hearings.
- Team management: daily in charge of the 32 employees, recruitment process, labour relations, relationship with unions, compliance with local laws, personnel management issues, oversee discipline, grievance & career development, ensure management of temporary employees (be the interface with interim Agencies).
- Budget: set the HR/Legal department annual budget as per Corporate guidance and monitor the expenses as well over the year.
- Processes & procedures: communicate it to the employees and ensure that the implementation is in line with the approved procedures from the Management.
- Payroll & salaries: preparation and transmission of variable payroll elements, control of pay slips, state social declarations and contributions and interface with the payroll external service provider. Implement salary increase, as per the approved company guidance.
- Training: ensure management of the training plan from budgeting to evaluation of training programs. Train the new starters and ensure that relevant induction programs are carried out to ease the familiarization of the new employees with the company processes.
- Reporting (local management & corporate office).
- Bachelor of Law (LLB (Hons)) from a reputable University.
- Minimum of 3 years post call experience acquired from well-established law firm in Reunion or abroad or acquired from a reputable private company.
- Sound knowledge of French / European courts, civil procedures and practice.
- Business and commercial law (domestic and international trade law) / Employment and labour law
- Negotiation skills / Legal drafting
- Honesty and high integrity
- Bilingual (English & French).